Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, remember that day when the Securities and Exchange Commission ruled that Elon could no longer Tweet without adult supervision?

That was a nice day.
The other time when his juvenile obsession with the number “420” cost him millions. The purchase of Twitter was the other time. Rumor is, financial advisers said stock price offer should have been no higher than ~$50 per share. But Elon was insistent on getting “420” in the share price. So he offered $54.20 Because “420” is so funny. Get it? 420? Weed reference? That’s so hilarious, right?

Th
You mean he hasn't been????
:eek:
o_O
That's my point. Just cause he's no longer CEO doesn't mean his views have changed. Besides, he won't be able to tweet his political point(s) of view.

Actually I would prefer he stayed CEO and stopped posting his political viewpoints, but it will be damn hard, of not impossible for him to do that.

Actually I read today that he was born 69 days after 4/20, so there's that.

Numerology, what a concept!
The other time when his juvenile obsession with the number “420” cost him millions. The purchase of Twitter was the other time. Rumor is, financial advisers said stock price offer should have been no higher than ~$50 per share. But Elon was insistent on getting “420” in the share price. Because “420” is so funny. Get it? 420? Weed reference? That’s so hilarious, right?

That's my point. Just cause he's no longer CEO doesn't mean his views have changed. Besides, he won't be able to tweet his political point(s) of view.

Actually I would prefer he stayed CEO and stopped posting his political viewpoints, but it will be damn hard, of not impossible for him to do that.
His tweeting is bad enough but his constant changing of the "rules" of Twitter make him look incompetent as the head of a company, which ends up hurting Tesla as well. Since he's unlikely to step down as CEO of Tesla stepping down from Twitter is the next best thing.

The other time when his juvenile obsession with the number “420” cost him millions.

YM
made him over a hundred million
HTH!

Musk was fined 20 million. So was Tesla.

To "make it up" to Tesla he bought 20 million dollars more shares of the company.

In October 2018. When the price was about $17 a share split-adjusted.

Even at current Friday close around $150 a share he turned 40 million net cost (his fine plus stock purchase) into shares worth over 175 million dollars. If those were among the shares he sold back when he sold a ton at ~900ish a share then the fine made him nearly a billion dollars.

I'm not saying the whole thing wasn't stupid-- but it did the opposite of "cost" him money in the end.

This is an absolute mess. A few hours later they post this. This is how to send a company into a death spiral 101. Crazy man at the wheel.

3573827F-B10A-4383-813D-5043930AFCE5.jpeg

YM
made him over a hundred million
HTH!

Musk was fined 20 million. So was Tesla.

To "make it up" to Tesla he bought 20 million dollars more shares of the company.

In October 2018. When the price was about $17 a share split-adjusted.

Even at current Friday close around $150 a share he turned 40 million net cost (his fine plus stock purchase) into shares worth over 175 million dollars. If those were among the shares he sold back when he sold a ton at ~900ish a share then the fine made him nearly a billion dollars.

I'm not saying the whole thing wasn't stupid-- but it did the opposite of "cost" him money in the end.
You failed to calculate the overpayment of the $54.20 for Twitter shares he paid..

Or perhaps you think just by coincidence, shares were actually worth exactly $54.20 per share 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
His tweeting is bad enough but his constant changing of the "rules" of Twitter make him look incompetent as the head of a company, which ends up hurting Tesla as well. Since he's unlikely to step down as CEO of Tesla stepping down from Twitter is the next best thing.
Short of a court ordering him to step down as Twitter CEO (and I'm not sure the courts have ever done such a thing), there's no way to remove him -- he owns it. The courts would probably prefer to fine the company into submission if it does anything really bad. But he can be fired as the CEO of Tesla by the board and/or the shareholders because he's only a minority shareholder of that company.

So the poll is Elon kind of admitting it's a mess in Twitter now?
The other forum linked posts that suggested potential investors that may bail Elon out said that they wouldn't do it if Elon remained CEO of Twitter, so the poll is just a farce to save him from the embarrassment of leaving earlier than he suggested he would.
Or someone still thinks he's play N-D chess again? (getting more engagements for example)
(like many people here said they'll either create an account or reactivate their old account just to vote)
Given engagements are relatively meaningless to save the company (it's advertising revenue that matters) I doubt this is a N-D chess move. People reactivating or creating accounts just for that vote does not help ad revenue in any significant way.

• Funny
Short of a court ordering him to step down as Twitter CEO (and I'm not sure the courts have ever done such a thing), there's no way to remove him -- he owns it. The courts would probably prefer to fine the company into submission if it does anything really bad. But he can be fired as the CEO of Tesla by the board and/or the shareholders because he's only a minority shareholder of that company.
You seem to be assuming the other shareholders want him out of Tesla. I don't see much indication of that, more seem to want him out of Twitter and focusing back on Tesla. Any move that would bring TSLA back up would be seen as positive and I don't think Elon staying at Twitter and leaving Tesla would be that move (it only seemed like a desirable choice to some shareholders because it appeared better than him staying at both, while focusing most of his attention on Twitter).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.