Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be assuming the other shareholders want him out of Tesla. I don't see much indication of that, more seem to want him out of Twitter and focusing back on Tesla. Any move that would bring TSLA back up would be seen as positive and I don't think Elon staying at Twitter and leaving Tesla would be that move.
The Tesla BOD is an indelible rubber stamp for Elon. They aren't going to remove him.

Buying twitter (which NO ONE ELSE WANTED) at a premium price…while waiving due diligence…possibly dumbest move elon has made this year. Possibly. Made ZERO sense. Has nothing to do with mars colonization, energy sustainability.

This dude needs some balance. Maybe a steady sane woman in his life would help..this dude is NEVER seen with a hot chick. Richest guy on earth…and no heaux at all.

Last edited:
I think Elon appointing an "independent CEO" and putting a more structured moderation and change review policy would be a good move.

Move a bit slower, and break fewer things.

Create the perception and the reality that he isn't the one making the final call on everything.

Fewer mistakes, less drama and less work.

The start up mentality isn't working, because customers are impacted by every change, and are ready to voice their opinion.

If he is serious about the banking side, he needs to step back and let social media find the right balance.

A key criteria is finding someone who most people will trust who doesn't have a perception pf political bias, and who can run a business.

The good thing about most traditional CEOs is, they keep their politics low profile.

I don't think the CEO has to have a tech background, because Elon can remain CTO and drive the technology side.

Experience in customer service and banking would be high on my list. And customer facing retail banking, not wall street banking.

They could come from a small regional bank, experience running a large organisation isn't essential,

As always, I hope Eon gets it right.

Buying twitter (which NO ONE ELSE WANTED) at a premium price…while waiving due diligence…possibly dumbest move elon has made this year. Possibly. Made ZERO sense. Has nothing to do with mars colonization, energy sustainability.

This dude needs some balance. Maybe a steady sane woman in his life would help..this dude is NEVER seen with a hot chick. Richest guy on earth…and no heaux at all.

He had people around him to reign in his worst mental instability at Tesla and Space-X.

Twitter does not have that, and he's run amok.

Send him back to Space-X - probably the safest structure to get him back on the mission. Leave Tesla and Twitter to people who don't struggle with Asbergers

OT and unpopular opinion:
CEO or not, Elon continues spending significant amount time & money feeding that blue birdie in foreseeable future, at least end of 2023, or likely much longer. The only reason he won't do that is he gives up on his vision about the bird. And he once said " I don't ever give up. I'd have to be dead or completely incapacitated.”
I agree. but he also tends to overplay the sense of impending doom to motivate himself and others.

So it may be possible that the Twitter financials are not as bad as he is implying or that the can find a way of turning them around.

Keeping it running should require less funds than buying it and sales can be spread out.

I agree he isn't walking away...

Status
Not open for further replies.