Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me their bill of rights.
Right here, Articles 35-40. Very bill of rights-like language: Constitution of the People's Republic of China

BTW, what was that people were saying about Twitter being fine without 75% of its employees?

https://techcrunch.com/2022/12/28/twitter-down-outage/

1672284801274.png

First taking Twitter private, then TSLA.
$42. Funding secured not necessary.
Ever thought about this?
His abysmal actions, no damage control, no board, no COO, and no PR might be part of a bigger scheme?

Elon Musk’s Text Messages Explain Everything

then-Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal. The two seem to hit it off—Musk likes that Agrawal is an engineer who can “do hardcore programming”—but then Agrawal sends Musk a text about his unhinged tweets. “You are free to tweet ‘is Twitter dying’ or anything else about Twitter - but it’s my responsibility to tell you that it’s not helping me make Twitter better in the current context,” he says to Musk. This small suggestion appears to enrage Musk and, it seems, alters the entire history of the company forever. “What did you get done this week?” Musk shoots back. And then, less than one minute later, the billionaire writes, “I’m not joining the board. This is a waste of time. Will make an offer to take Twitter private.”

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
We're far off topic here, but I agree. No one thinks we should hand out nukes to the public, but somehow it still means assault rifles should be given to untrained teenagers with no supervision. It's.... silly. And sad.

OK. So now about making Twitter into something that honors Elon's better-self when he's not playing internet-troll-king...?

Kristallnacht. I feel sick. I'm done.

Does anyone think that Elon actually believes people want endless masking, or that this is what he needs to fight against?

He's gone full tribal - full absurdity - full scream-against-the-thing-that-doesn't-exist because doing something meaningful might be harder
You can always find someone supporting something, no matter how extreme. Issue is that people like to take such an example and blow it up to unrealistic proportions.

Arguing for "burning down" the publication is like wanting to hate a newspaper because one didn't like one article that was published. Kind of a ridiculous standard, but people will forever point to x and keep saying "checkmate! Checkmate!"

Sidenote, I wonder how much Elon would say if his tweets were all done IRL (actually talking to people face to face). In other words, how much of his behavior is because he is doing it behind a virtual news desk? We do kinda see this in podcasts or in person appearances, but often the topics are more controlled or he's with people he agrees with. I only know of that one Twitter space from which he dipped as an possible example, but nothing beyond that.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
For anyone not following the logic, what Elon means by "I'm not cis" is that he is "normal" and therefore needs no descriptor.

By the same logic he is not heterosexual, he is "normal". He believes that only "abnormal" people should be labeled as such, and that anyone's effort to use more inclusive language is an act of oppression against him.

For anyone not following the logic, what Elon means by "I'm not cis" is that he is "normal" and therefore needs no descriptor.

By the same logic he is not heterosexual, he is "normal". He believes that only "abnormal" people should be labeled as such, and that anyone's effort to use more inclusive language is an act of oppression against him.

Clearly enforcing Elon's specific views on pronoun use is UTTERY VITAL to the human race and should be addressed ahead of saving the planet's environment from collapse.

(insert twitter-approved official parody flag here)

For someone who is on the spectrum, he seems to care very little for others who may be different than he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.