Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll watch Tucker's show for the first time just to see what Elon says.

Sure. Why not.
By consuming a product, you're sending a signal to the company that produces said product that what they're doing is acceptable. This product is "sold" when people watch it and advertisers buy slots. More eyeballs on it means they can charge higher prices for ads. I won't be watching, despite being curious about what Elon will say, because I'm not going to support that channel. Firing Tucker and Hannity would at least show that they're serious about being journalists but the problem at Fox goes all the way up to the CEO, who is running the company more like a social media outlet (in search of viewers) than a journalistic outlet (publishes the truth no matter whether it's good or bad for business in the short term). So nope, I'm not watching, but I'm sure there will be plenty of reports on what Elon says, and I doubt much of it is going to be good anyway.

By consuming a product, you're sending a signal to the company that produces said product that what they're doing is acceptable. This product is "sold" when people watch it and advertisers buy slots. More eyeballs on it means they can charge higher prices for ads. I won't be watching, despite being curious about what Elon will say, because I'm not going to support that channel. Firing Tucker and Hannity would at least show that they're serious about being journalists but the problem at Fox goes all the way up to the CEO, who is running the company more like a social media outlet (in search of viewers) than a journalistic outlet (publishes the truth no matter whether it's good or bad for business in the short term). So nope, I'm not watching, but I'm sure there will be plenty of reports on what Elon says, and I doubt much of it is going to be good anyway.
I'll watch a pirated broadcast so as not to give Fox any boost from my view. Plus I'm not in the market for adult diapers, walk in bathtubs, or a reverse mortgage, so should be immune to any advertising I'm not quick enough to skip over. With Tesla as my main investment, I feel like I need to know what headspace Elon is in. And if it might be time to divest/diversify.

I thought AI was the biggest threat to humanity?

Also I thought low birthrate was the biggest threat to humanity?

...what was time again? (kudos to anyone who gets this bit)

Incorrect. A woke AI is the biggest threat to humanity. Elon's AI will set us free. This is why it's important to freeze chatgpt until Elon can catch up.

In truth, we’re a lot more focussed on this than most people, for obvious reasons. My family and friends don’t pay much attention to Elon and that’s probably the norm for most of the country, except when they read a headline.
It will prob mostly be Tucker’s regular viewers, and of course the key outrage clips will make it onto Twitter and maybe some late night comedians’ shows. But I can’t see it being more than a mild uptick for Tucker viewing.
If he had MTG and Kyle Rittenhouse on together it prob would spike higher.

He will for sure be prodded on NPR and then prob NYT and BBC etc, and definitely on wokeness, also. Tucker isn’t going to let him ramble on about Mars and space and saving the planet, let along the CT.

Whatever Elon says or does, he'll say it's centrist. He's surrounded himself with clowns and sure enough, he's right in the middle. What could be more centrist than that?

Will he confront Tucker/FoxNews about supporting election lies, or will he congratulate Tucker on his Jan 6th reporting and re-iterate the call to Free the QAnon "shaman"?

Probably neither. Too long ago. But otherwise the latter would seem more likely.

Will he confront Tucker/FoxNews about supporting election lies, or will he congratulate Tucker on his Jan 6th reporting and re-iterate the call to Free the QAnon "shaman"?

Probably neither. Too long ago. But otherwise the latter would seem more likely.
I think he's go full "Death to the woke mind virus!". Why wouldn't he? And "Free speech!". It's what the audience goes for.

But it's not something I'll be watching.

For the anti-woke people, and more particularly Musk and his friends, the murder of Lee was a perfect opportunity to score points in their anti-woke offensive, because this high-profile murder highlighted the problems of San Francisco, which they have been denouncing for several months. For them, the progressive city has become a lawless community, filled with crime and a huge safety and security issue because of its approach towards the homeless.

For Musk, his friends, and other tech luminaries, Lee was killed by homeless people or drug addicts, who swarm certain streets of San Francisco. It was therefore the fault of the politics of the progressive politicians of the city

ahh, there it is. Elon responded 1 hour ago. He DOES agree with MAGA.

Screenshot 2023-04-14 141402.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: phantasms

I’d rather see him seize the reins of the interview, filibuster on EVs and climate change and grill Tucker on what could be done to expand expand acceptance of EVs and climate science among Tucker’s audience.
But... that’s not even likely enough to be called a fantasy. Tucker is an expert at manipulating and corralling people who are much less malleable than Elon, and he’s going to control the narrative.

For the anti-woke people, and more particularly Musk and his friends, the murder of Lee was a perfect opportunity to score points in their anti-woke offensive, because this high-profile murder highlighted the problems of San Francisco, which they have been denouncing for several months. For them, the progressive city has become a lawless community, filled with crime and a huge safety and security issue because of its approach towards the homeless.

For Musk, his friends, and other tech luminaries, Lee was killed by homeless people or drug addicts, who swarm certain streets of San Francisco. It was therefore the fault of the politics of the progressive politicians of the city
We know it's not the same however people that think twice about crime don't blink an eye now because many see the city as lawless. In fact some people think they can shoot people because there are not police to investigate. Sounds crazy but true. For the record I knew this was not random as I heard details before they were public but the bottom line is people on any side that live or visit SF should be irate about how things are in the city. No one is offering solutions which used to be the way things worked. Al sides are to blame here and SF residents should protest like they used to but now they all use social media which is pretty useless.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Musk and Carlson should debate which is the bigger laughingstock. Hint: Musk is the world's biggest laughingstock! Carlson and George Santos are a close second.
No, they should talk about Musk companies, how they benefit everyone and what's next . They don't need to talk politics because it won't change a thing. Getting positive facts out may. I would be glad he went on this show if he does that if it's political BS then it's a waste of time and more noise. This is a great time for Elon to practice maturity and keep his eye on the ball because what he says otherwise does not add much. He can use some practice in this area.

Reactions: advocate8
ahh, there it is. Elon responded 1 hour ago. He DOES agree with MAGA.

View attachment 928427
I wouldn’t technically consider that an ENDORSEMENT of MAGA per se, more a confirmation that GRIDLOCK (or legislation that is clearly going to go nowhere) is often better than too much unnecessary regulation - which would line up with the EM historical position as a LIBERTARIAN. (As well as much of the PPM)

Reactions: advocate8
No, they should talk about Musk companies, how they benefit everyone and what's next . They don't need to talk politics because it won't change a thing. Getting positive facts out may. I would be glad he went on this show if he does that if it's political BS then it's a waste of time and more noise. This is a great time for Elon to practice maturity and keep his eye on the ball because what he says otherwise does not add much. He can use some practice in this area.
If Elon does not take the chance to promote Tesla, Tesla's investors should demand his firing. Could you imagine Bob Iger going on TV and not promoting Disney? Or any other CEO for that matter not promoting his or her company?

Reactions: Just a Reader
Status
Not open for further replies.