Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally, I don't think the SW is very close to Tesla, specifically navigation or the mobile app. It's better than Ford, though. Looking at the Rivian forum, it seems that those who don't HATE Tesla because of Elon agree and most say it's getting better, but not there yet.
Well, Tesla has been at it for a decade, and Rivian 2-3 years - Yet Tesla can't deliver working auto wipers, Rear Cross Traffic Alerting and other basic stuff that others have delivered, RELIABLY, for a decade. So, there's that....

Well, Tesla has been at it for a decade, and Rivian 2-3 years - Yet Tesla can't deliver working auto wipers, Rear Cross Traffic Alerting and other basic stuff that others have delivered, RELIABLY, for a decade. So, there's that....
Rear Cross Traffic Alerting is something Tesla intentionally never delivered for whatever reason, probably the sensor suite required or a patent...same with true birds-eye 360. The wipers were good for a tiny window of time...but then Tesla, Tesla'd them and they are worse then ever.

Rear Cross Traffic Alerting is something Tesla intentionally never delivered for whatever reason, probably the sensor suite required or a patent...same with true birds-eye 360. The wipers were good for a tiny window of time...but then Tesla, Tesla'd them and they are worse then ever.
No argument. My point was Tesla tech isn't all rosy - they can't even get auto wipers to work reliably/predictably. To each, tech wise.

Reactions: terranx
No argument. My point was Tesla tech isn't all rosy - they can't even get auto wipers to work reliably/predictably. To each, tech wise.
It's the all-in on vision stuff that hurts Tesla; see USS, wipers, auto-headlights, etc.

Maybe it will work out in the end, but to save a few $$ we are all left with worse solutions to those problems...and yes, the auto lights are much better, but after how many years they are now almost on par with others?

Reactions: logan and jebinc
It's the all-in on vision stuff that hurts Tesla; see USS, wipers, auto-headlights, etc.

Maybe it will work out in the end, but to save a few $$ we are all left with worse solutions to those problems...and yes, the auto lights are much better, but after how many years they are now almost on par with others?
The auto lights are still pretty terrible in comparison to the cars competitors in my experience.

Reactions: jebinc

Agreed, the list is long and posted many times by many people.

They work about as well as my F150 Platinum, maybe slightly worse, but not to the point where I can even tell.

Again, a cheap $2 or whatever sensor would have solved that and the wipers.
Yes, a $2 infrared sensor all that was needed. But, the Great Charlatan mandated (to his team) it was to be all TeslaVision. And here we are.... Living the great Tesla tech.... Since I have both brands, Rivian and two Teslas, it's easy to compare the pros/cons of each. One thing I do like about the Rivian, overall, is solid/stable updates every four weeks (not randomly like Tesla). The updates include a whole host of improvements and bug fixes. All are described in the release notes in plain English, very unlike Tesla release notes (see FSD beta, for example). No games, no farts and no "screaming goats".

Dude, you are trolling. Camera resolution sucks and it's widely known. It's apparently a deal breaker for you and that's fine, but it appears that there are plenty of buyers willing to overlook that minor flaw.

As for the rest of the tech, there is plenty to love, which is why I got one. SW is not on par with Tesla, which makes perfect sense based on Tesla headstart and resources, but it keeps getting better.

Again, there is no perfect vehicle. One needs to find the vehicle that matches one's priorities. Apparently, your best match is a Toyota Corolla. Enjoy. :) I heard it's a great value.
lol. my daily driver is a 2022 Ford F150 and it’s perfect. Looking for a 2024 Raptor R. Never owned a Toyota and never would.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I seem to?

Seem to?

Are you kidding? Elon/Tesla sells products everyday using the money he makes from other people. That's what business is. Some are obviously better at it than others.

He didn't buy twitter using money he made from working at PizzaHut.

You really have no clue how much government money he’s gotten via subsidies and the like. It’s not all his $. 😂😂😂

I got videos too!

Last edited:
True or False?

1) $100 reservations made years ago promised “locked” FSD price (but not the vehicle price, obviously). For example, $5, 6, 7k, depending on when you paid the $100. (T/F)

2. Some early (11/19) Reservation holders (#1 above) where invited to purchase the Founder’s Edition for ~$100k or ~$120k, (AWD or beast) and lost their “locked” lower reservation FSD price - meaning they end up paying the full $12,000 for FSD as that $12k is the bulk of the $20k Founder’s edition premium and the price is not reduced for these early adopters to reflected the locked FSD price promised. (T/F)

Reactions: TessP100D
True or False?

1) $100 reservations made years ago promised “locked” FSD price (but not the vehicle price, obviously). For example, $5, 6, 7k, depending on when you paid the $100. (T/F)

2. Some early (11/19) Reservation holders (#1 above) where invited to purchase the Founder’s Edition for ~$100k or ~$120k, (AWD or beast) and lost their “locked” lower reservation FSD price - meaning they end up paying the full $12,000 for FSD as that $12k is the bulk of the $20k Founder’s edition premium and the price is not reduced for these early adopters to reflected the locked FSD price promised. (T/F)
The Foundation series paid for a package that included FSD and received early delivery.

I'd say True to 1 but misleading for 2 or even False. The package included a lot more than just FSD and includes much early delivery date.

• Disagree
The Foundation series paid for a package that included FSD and received early delivery.

I'd say True to 1 but misleading for 2 or even False. The package included a lot more than just FSD and includes much early delivery date.
I agree that you get about $22k worth of stuff (using $12,000 for FSD) for $20k, but the "bulk of the $20k" assumes $12k paid for FSD (which is not active when the truck is delivered) That was the point I was trying to make.

Someone posted a spreadsheet here, or on FB, that listed everything included in the founder prices, $12k for FSD plus everything else added up to a "purchased separately" retail of around #22k.

I agree that you get about $22k worth of stuff (using $12,000 for FSD) for $20k, but the "bulk of the $20k" assumes $12k paid for FSD (which is not active when the truck is delivered) That was the point I was trying to make.

Someone posted a spreadsheet here, or on FB, that listed everything included in the founder prices, $12k for FSD plus everything else added up to a "purchased separately" retail of around #22k.

Found a different version of the $22k spreadsheet; this one tally's to $25, if accurate. Any Founder Edition invitees here to confirm or correct this list of "included for $20k," items and retail prices?

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 5.28.17 AM.png