Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that you get about $22k worth of stuff (using $12,000 for FSD) for $20k, but the "bulk of the $20k" assumes $12k paid for FSD (which is not active when the truck is delivered) That was the point I was trying to make.

Someone posted a spreadsheet here, or on FB, that listed everything included in the founder prices, $12k for FSD plus everything else added up to a "purchased separately" retail of around #22k.
You don't think you're reaching for something. If it comes out to 25k, why not just assume that FSD is 7k?

Either way, the $20k is for the entire package which includes early delivery and have your truck with the Foundation Series branding, which as we've seen with the MS, carries some additional resale value.

You're trying too hard, man.

You don't think you're reaching for something. If it comes out to 25k, why not just assume that FSD is 7k?

Either way, the $20k is for the entire package which includes early delivery and have your truck with the Foundation Series branding, which as we've seen with the MS, carries some additional resale value.

You're trying too hard, man.
First, I'm largely a facts and data detailed oriented hound, being an Engineer by education. First question is, do you really get all of the stuff listed for your $20k - prospective Founder Edition reservation converts would find a complete list of confirmed included items (and prices) here, helpful in the decision making process, no?

Second, if the list is correct, are the retail prices for these items listed correct?

Lastly, some early day zero/day one reservationists (those getting invites for Founder Editions) locked in FSD at $5000, I think. While I was a day zero, I updated my order much later to include FSD, because of the lock. I think I was locked at either $6000 or $7000.

Again, any help from "invitees" to confirm/ edit the suspected list and prices would be helpful for the community, as this is the pricing thread, after all.

Reactions: TessP100D
First, I'm largely a facts and data detailed oriented hound, being an Engineer by education. First question is, do you really get all of the stuff listed for your $20 - prospective Founder Edition reservation converts would find a complete list of pricing facts here, helpful, no?

Second, if the list is correct, are the retail prices for these items listed correct?

Lastly, some early day zero/day one reservationists (those getting invites for Founder Editions) locked in FSD at $5000, I think. While I was a day zero, I updated my order much later to include FSD, because of the lock. I think I was locked at either $6000 or $7000.

Again, any help from "invitees" to confirm/ edit the suspected list and prices would be helpful for the community, as this is the pricing thread, after all.
You are trying to push a made up narrative that early orders aren't getting their promised $7k for FSD and it's fabricated. $7k was the lowest lock for the CT.

This package isn't meant to be broken up, it's like the signature series for the S, it's a way to generate more money for early orders. No one is being screwed out of their FSD lock, they can decline it...but this gets them early delivery, the list of accessories, and a special Foundation Series CT.

You are trying to push a made up narrative that early orders aren't getting their promised $7k for FSD and it's fabricated. $7k was the lowest lock for the CT.

This package isn't meant to be broken up, it's like the signature series for the S, it's a way to generate more money for early orders. No one is being screwed out of their FSD lock, they can decline it...but this gets them early delivery, the list of accessories, and a special Foundation Series CT.
I don't think that's true. Early reservations locked FSD lower than $7000. Someone please confirm.

And yes, I do what to see what the imputed FSD price is for a Founder purchase, to see if Tesla is honoring the lock or not.

Edit: Per this article, there were $6000 FSD locks. Not sure about $5000, however. @uscbucsfan

Last edited:
I don't think that's true. Early reservations locked FSD lower than $7000. Someone please confirm.

And yes, I do what to see what the imputed FSD price is for a Founder purchase, to see if Tesla is honoring the lock or not.

I don't think that people with founders' money cares about the price of FSD.

I'm getting the beast. I don't care what the price of it is.

$7k was the day 1 price, there are those with day 1 reservations that decline the Foundation Series to get the lower priced CT.

Again, you can't just list out specs, because you are also paying for the limited, early delivered series.

Reactions: MrSlowEv
$7k was the day 1 price, there are those with day 1 reservations that decline the Foundation Series to get the lower priced CT.

Again, you can't just list out specs, because you are also paying for the limited, early delivered series.

"(Disclosure: I had several reservations and have been cancelling them — mine were based on the hope that Tesla FSD would be robotaxi capable by now and I really just made the reservations because Elon Musk said at the time that you’d lock in the FSD price of the day — $6000 — with a reservation. Currently, FSD costs $12,000, and a few months ago it actually cost $15,000.)"

The facts and data will set you free? :)

Reactions: TessP100D

"(Disclosure: I had several reservations and have been cancelling them — mine were based on the hope that Tesla FSD would be robotaxi capable by now and I really just made the reservations because Elon Musk said at the time that you’d lock in the FSD price of the day — $6000 — with a reservation. Currently, FSD costs $12,000, and a few months ago it actually cost $15,000.)"

The facts and data will set you free? :)
I reserved in the first hour and it was $7k.

but it's irrelevant to this Foundation Series witch hunt you are on.

We are all assuming everything. Thats what a forum does. You are assuming the price list you provided without any confirmation.

I don't understand the back end of your sentence.
Your posts are circular - challenging the fact gathering post I put up, and then saying everything is an assumption. Not, the facts are out there on this so we can remove all of the assumptions and wild speculation (on this point). My last reply to you on this topic. Best.

• Disagree
Reactions: MrSlowEv
I reserved in the first hour and it was $7k.

but it's irrelevant to this Foundation Series witch hunt you are on.
Follow up - I found this table on "notateslaap" which would indicate FSD pricing on launch day was $7000

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 6.15.37 AM.png