Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pricing Revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EST. $60,990​

REAR-WHEEL DRIVE​

1. AVAILABLE IN 2025
  2. 250 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  3. 6.5 SEC. 0-60 MPH

EST. $79,990​

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE​

1. DELIVERY IN 2024
  2. 340 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  3. 4.1 SEC. 0-60 MPH
  4. 112 MPH TOP SPEED
  5. 600 HORSEPOWER
  6. 7,435 LB-FT TORQUE
  7. 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY

EST. $99,990​

CYBERBEAST​

1. DELIVERY IN 2024
  2. 320 MI. RANGE (EST.)
  3. 2.6 SEC. 0-60 MPH†
  4. 130 MPH TOP SPEED
  5. 845 HORSEPOWER
  6. 10,296 LB-FT TORQUE
  7. 11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY
†With rollout subtracted.

1701377572452.png

$20k more and remember the 500 mile range that I put money down on? NOT. Best is 340 "Tesla EPA miles". Add some cold weather and towing and it's worse than my Refreshed X. Could be under 150 miles actual with a load and cold. THAT'S why the 500 mile thing was important. TESLA rating is Best the thing will do at 55 mph, 70 deg out, no heat, no towing.

Got my $100 back last week.

Last edited:
$61k vs “$40k” for the model that won’t be produced until at least 2025… ouch 😂

I’ll give them the inflation… $40k 2019 dollars is ~$48k 2023 dollars. They’re on their own for the other $13 grand.

Someone more skeptical might think they just flat-out made things up with no regard for reality back in 2019 so they could sit on a hundred million or so of customers’ reservation money for 5 years.

$61k vs “$40k” for the model that won’t be produced until at least 2025… ouch 😂

I’ll give them the inflation… $40k 2019 dollars is ~$48k 2023 dollars. They’re on their own for the other $13 grand.

Someone more skeptical might think they just flat-out made things up with no regard for reality back in 2019 so they could sit on a hundred million or so of customers’ reservation money for 5 years.
Bingo... Bummed I fell for it but I had hope!

For all the people complaining about the price $60k base price, how much do you think the base trim Model X cost when it first came out? It had only 200 miles and was $75K and didn't have half the abilities and features of the CyberTruck. Did you really expect 300+ miles for the cost of a Model Y after a pandemic and continued record inflation on a state of the art, brand new halo vehicle with the most preorders of all time of any vehicle? Get real. Your expectations are out of line.

For all the people complaining about the price $60k base price, how much do you think the base trim Model X cost when it first came out?
Interestingly enough, it cost exactly what they said it would, not 50% more.
Did you really expect 300+ miles for the cost of a Model Y after a pandemic and continued record inflation on a state of the art, brand new halo vehicle with the most preorders of all time of any vehicle? Get real. Your expectations are out of line.
Who was it that set those expectations again? Oh yes, that's right. Tesla.

Like I said up thread, I'll give them the inflation. That brings us to ~$48k.

Reactions: AMPd and Lumens

There wasn't a wormhole between 2019 and 2023. The Model X didn't go through the last 4 years. The CT did. That estimated price doesn't happen in a vacuum and no one should pretend that it did. News Flash: you rarely get everything you want (or everything that was promised) from prototype to production on any vehicle.

If I tell my wife I plan to buy us a house at the end of the year, but I lose my job and we have a hard year with money, am I lying, jerk for setting expectations that weren't met because I couldn't buy that house?

Reactions: SilverGS
There wasn't a wormhole between 2019 and 2023. The Model X didn't go through the last 4 years. The CT did. That estimated price doesn't happen in a vacuum and no one should pretend that it did.
So your defense for missing pricing and range targets by more than 50% is "the last 4 years"?

For the third time, go ahead and account for the inflation. Makes perfect sense. How do you make up the other tens of thousands of dollars of price increases and missed estimates? What current market conditions, where EV prices and components are falling rapidly, make up for so wildly missing the mark?

If I tell my wife I plan to buy us a house at the end of the year, but I lose my job and we have a hard year with money, am I lying, jerk for setting expectations that weren't met because I couldn't buy that house?
Better analogy: If you tell your wife that in three or four years you're going to build her a 5,000 square foot house on the beach for $200,000 because of unspecified innovations in construction, you were never serious in your claims to begin with. You were just spouting bullshit.