Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Embarrassing Tesla moment...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that's a loss for the rest of us then.
:(
I misinterpreted an interested double-take and smile for a TeslaTime alert too. I rolled down my window, smiled and raised an eyebrow and the 2 nice women in the car next to me said "we're just admiring your dog." Easy to just smile back.

Well, that's a loss for the rest of us then.
:(
I misinterpreted an interested double-take and smile for a TeslaTime alert too. I rolled down my window, smiled and raised an eyebrow and the 2 nice women in the car next to me said "we're just admiring your dog." Easy to just smile back.
LOL! You must have an awesome dog!

Lol, oh I doubt it.

@brianman, it's even lamer than you think... I absolutely cannot stand sitting still for the 5 or 6 hour flight, and I already have to deal with a flight to Canada in August. Doing it twice within a month, no thank you. On top of that, I'd have to come solo, my bf doesn't care one bit about Tesla talk. Maybe next year.

This is probably how he saw it

That's Christie Brinkley in the Ferrari.

Christie Brinkley Chevy Chase.jpg

(It's Christie on the left, a very benign picture, hehe)

I am sure she would have been in a Roadster if the movie had been made 30 years later!

Gee, time flies.

Maybe Chevy Chase should change his MB SL65 to a fully loaded Model S, or is he waiting for the Model X?

Can't wait for my own Tesla moments, whether fun or embarrassing

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, oh I doubt it.

@brianman, it's even lamer than you think... I absolutely cannot stand sitting still for the 5 or 6 hour flight, and I already have to deal with a flight to Canada in August. Doing it twice within a month, no thank you. On top of that, I'd have to come solo, my bf doesn't care one bit about Tesla talk. Maybe next year.
Maybe hitch a ride with someone doing the road trip?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Chevy Chase should change his MB SL65 to a fully loaded Model S, or is he waiting for the Model X?
Oh, right, we were supposed to be looking at the cars in that picture.

The final few lines in the video posted definitely applies to Model S. Although the speedometer capping out at 85 doesn't. :)

Maybe hitch a ride with someone doing the road trip?
That would be a long drive, so I'm pretty sure no one could stand being stuck with ME for that many hours. I know this because I can get on my OWN nerves after a few hours without enough to do.

It's a great suggestion, actually. I just can't take that extra time off from work since I'm on vacation this week and then again for 2 weeks in August. Next year I'll plan better!

That would be a long drive, so I'm pretty sure no one could stand being stuck with ME for that many hours. I know this because I can get on my OWN nerves after a few hours without enough to do.

You keep talking yourself into buying a Tesla? I can understand that can get annoying, as you already got one!

Oh, those me and I, always arguing ...

Can I have mine first pls? I have been waiting for about two years now. Everyone and their uncle has one (more or less), in the US and now Europe (certain countries).

I want mine and I want it now!
I want patience and I want it now!
That IS a long time to wait! I'm sure it's getting harder to be patient now that it is finally this close. Hang in there, though! Trust me, the reward for your wait is worth it!

Can I have mine first pls? I have been waiting for about two years now. Everyone and their uncle has one (more or less), in the US and now Europe (certain countries).

I want mine and I want it now!
I want patience and I want it now!

We totally understand how you feel, DITB. In fact, we created a new word for this condition called "Teslanxiety" (Tesla combined with anxiety). It's the anxiety you feel while waiting for your Tesla to be delivered. We all went through it, but 2 years is longer than most had to wait. As Btrflyl8e said, it will be worth it once it gets there. Hang in there!

That IS a long time to wait! I'm sure it's getting harder to be patient now that it is finally this close. Hang in there, though! Trust me, the reward for your wait is worth it!

We totally understand how you feel, DITB. In fact, we created a new word for this condition called "Teslanxiety" (Tesla combined with anxiety). It's the anxiety you feel while waiting for your Tesla to be delivered. We all went through it, but 2 years is longer than most had to wait. As Btrflyl8e said, it will be worth it once it gets there. Hang in there!

Thanks Btrflyl8e and StephenM.

I get my fixes when I travel. I still owe the community (and certain persons) to edit and release my video of various test drives (compilation).