TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Enabling Supercharger

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Dcochenour, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Dcochenour

Dcochenour Member

I will be traveling this weekend and will need to us a supercharger - Do I need to enable it or does it come already enabled. I have a brand new S 85D that I have had for 2 weeks.

Thanks

2. Sogorman

Sogorman Member

It comes standard on your 85, just drive up and plug in!

3. davewill

davewill Member

Only 40kWh cars or 60kWh cars where the owner did not purchase Supercharging are not able to simply plug in. A 60kWh car without Supercharging would have to pay $2500 (I think) to enable Supercharging on their car. The 40kWh cars can upgrade as well, but have to pay ($11K) to upgrade to 60kWh in addition. All other models come with Supercharging.

4. beegee

beegee Member

You're A-OK... Enjoy the trip!

5. Dcochenour

Dcochenour Member

Thanks all, I did a lot of searching before I posted and now I realize most of the threads were from (at the start of the thread) earlier years. I am sure they told me this at the break in day, I just couldn't remember. I am taking my son back to Ohio State on Saturday and it is 131 miles each way, so 262, my top range so far has been 274, I just did not want or do not want to range anxiety only owning the car two weeks. Appreciate the help.

6. mikeash

mikeash Active Member

Check out plugshare.com to see if there are any convenient chargers where you're going to be parking on Saturday. If you'll be there for a couple of hours, this will give you enough margin to get home without touching a supercharger, and save you a bit of time.

Of course, that first supercharger visit can be fun, so maybe you'll want to hit one up anyway!

7. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member