Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

energy meter option on refresh S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
Hello, I just ordered MSLR to replace my Raven MS and was wondering (cant find by searching) if on the new S you can choose what to display on the left and right of the FSD visualization on the drivers display?
Specifically does it have the round energy meter as an option?

Not sure why I would think it doesn't but been watching videos and noticed its not ever shown? I find that one really useful for some reason.

Thanks

I do not have a new LR or Plaid, but from looking at the owners manual, I think the short answer to your question is no, you cannot configure what is shown on the left or right.

Here is link to owner's manual where they talk about what you control with the scroll wheels on the yoke.

Here's link to the section where they talk about what is shown on the instrument panel (varies automatically if parked, driving, or charging).

There does appears to be an energy bar display at the bottom center of the instrument panel. This will give you a general visual indication of the instantaneous power being pulled from the battery or restored to the battery via regen.

Reactions: Alset2
Hello, I just ordered MSLR to replace my Raven MS and was wondering (cant find by searching) if on the new S you can choose what to display on the left and right of the FSD visualization on the drivers display?
Specifically does it have the round energy meter as an option?

Not sure why I would think it doesn't but been watching videos and noticed its not ever shown? I find that one really useful for some reason.

Thanks
Nope you have no display options in the display. I have no idea why.

Also, the “energy bar” mentioned above is so small and useless, it may as well not even be there.

Reactions: Alset2
Well I hope they give us something....I use the WH/M part of it a lot when traveling (and I simply like having it when not traveling).
I guess my hope is that they are known to add features like this as time passes.

But I must admit, after looking at videos and pics of the new display lay out it does kind of grow on me and makes me think my current display looks a bit cluttered.

Thanks for the responses

This is the one thing I REALLY miss from the Y. I think it is a big miss too. It was so handy when using on a trip to go into the trip part of energy consumption where it actually tracked very accurately to what your energy level would be at your destination and it was good to show your real world range based on your current situation. I used it a lot.

This is the one thing I REALLY miss from the Y. I think it is a big miss too. It was so handy when using on a trip to go into the trip part of energy consumption where it actually tracked very accurately to what your energy level would be at your destination and it was good to show your real world range based on your current situation. I used it a lot.

How does the energy graph look on a model Y, and fit in on the center screen footprint? I didn't realize it existed on Y, and begs the question why Tesla cannot share it with new S / X on horizontal screen.

I really hope they bring back the customizable instrument cluster for the S / X, a nice differentiating feature from the 3 / Y, but requiring separate code. Of course they will have to come up with more flexible use of the right scroll wheel, without conflicting with AP controls.

The energy graph just pops up in the middle of the screen. It doesn't take up the entire screen but occupies about 50-60% right in the middle. It was really accurate in my Y and I relied on it a lot.