Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot $6k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would probably be somewhat interested in subscription of say $50-100 for Navigating on Autopilot and lane Change.
$6k assuming keeping Tesla for 5 years, comes to $100 a month.

I use autopilot once or twice a week so say 6-8 times a month. on the trip I would change lanes 3-4 times. So say 30 times.
So every time I change lane it will cost me $3. Is it worth it? Who knows.
That's a good way to look at it, for me that's an expensive lane change, but everyone's priorities are different.

Other companies like Honda, Toyota disengage lane assist when you hit the blinker, as soon as you moved to new lane it engages back on.
I would be happy with that, no need for MY to do lane change for me.
Volvo and Audi also has this re-engage feature. I assume most if not all other car companies have this too. Right now I'm using a S3XY Button to approximate this feature (set one up to engage AP behind the left spoke near the blinker stalk), but would be great if Tesla would just make this simple change to re-engage AP when blinker is off after changing lanes.

Volvo and Audi also has this re-engage feature. I assume most if not all other car companies have this too. Right now I'm using a S3XY Button to approximate this feature (set one up to engage AP behind the left spoke near the blinker stalk), but would be great if Tesla would just make this simple change to re-engage AP when blinker is off after changing lanes.
My 2010 Prius had that feature... when you turned on the blinker, it disabled lane keep assist, then when you turned the blinker off, lane keep assist resumed.

Reactions: zpaul
You arent buying a license, you are paying a one time fee for an ongoing service as long as you own the car. Tesla needs to maintain their processing infrastructure and data analytics to make it all work at the end of the day.

I'm sure the actuaries calculated the business cost with average length of ownership to come to their price point.
as opposed to the guys looking at the quarterly profit margins?

every incremental sales of FSD is pure profit. It went from 8 to 10 to 12k not because of costs, but the belief it could be had. But with the end promise not being fulfilled, sales must be plunging. But when do we see the half price (100) subscription for EAP?

Though it still doesn't make sense for me - I'm just not driving that many miles. The one that could attract me is if the parking features could reliably navigate my narrow garage door (effective width 86"). I have to ignore a lot of warning beeps as I go in/out, and though it would fit if I were perfectly on, I fold and unfold my mirrors at the critical bit. I'm going to price what it would take to expand this 1932 design to the more standard 96". But that means at least some framing, and potential replacement of the rails and springs, and a new door itself (though that is ready for replacement).

By the time Tesla gets to level 3 ...waymo and others would be level 4, which I could see happening end of next year. Waymo and cruise is already in my city without safety drivers driving around my hood. I think in Q1 2023 regular folks should be able to hail a driverless car in SF.

By the time Tesla gets to level 3 ...waymo and others would be level 4, which I could see happening end of next year. Waymo and cruise is already in my city without safety drivers driving around my hood. I think in Q1 2023 regular folks should be able to hail a driverless car in SF.
If I lived in SF I guess that might matter? Do you plan to buy a Waymo to go to work?

If I lived in SF I guess that might matter? Do you plan to buy a Waymo to go to work?
there's a long standing problem getting a ride to the outer districts, esp late evening (post drinking). It was a big factor in the immediate success of Uber and Lyft here. I'm sure this is also relevant to Chicago as well.

If Waymo and Cruise can successfully manage the streets of SF, which are notoriously complicated, it should function particularly well in the less dense streets of most of America. We're close to worst case scenario, aside from rarely seeing winter concerns.

Tesla has told CA regulators it does not foresee reaching autonomous capability, though their motivation there was to escape any monitoring, while they continue to imply to owners that they will achieve it.

Reactions: TXDawg