Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I await my first Tesla, without FSD, I've been doing some digging. Enhanced Autopilot sounds perfect for what I want, and would save half the cost of FSD. It seems like Tesla has released it a few times in the past. Do they normally offer it once a year or something? Or is it completely random? I'll have a 2021/2022 refreshed S if that matters.

Having the auto lane change on freeways would be awesome for longer trips. Otherwise my backup option is just subscribe on the months that I want it.

While I await my first Tesla, without FSD, I've been doing some digging. Enhanced Autopilot sounds perfect for what I want, and would save half the cost of FSD. It seems like Tesla has released it a few times in the past. Do they normally offer it once a year or something? Or is it completely random? I'll have a 2021/2022 refreshed S if that matters.

Having the auto lane change on freeways would be awesome for longer trips. Otherwise my backup option is just subscribe on the months that I want it.
I agree. EAP gets you most of the way to FSD for a fraction of the cost. Essentially it's got all the best features and it's so much cheaper. I personally would be surprised if they ever brought it back cause almost everyone would get it instead of paying for FSD or getting the subscription. :/

Reactions: deadwynter

I purchased in 2018 Model 3 last month in Florida. The car was a beta version for an engineer so the car came from LA to FL and then I bought it. It has EAP (beta), Autosteer (Beta), Navigate on Autopilot (Beta) and Summon (Beta). I was told that EAP was not available in our market and then they figured out where the car came from. Went to upgrade to FSD and was told I basically have it so I would agree with you that EAP would work for you

Reactions: deadwynter