Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon? Can we just get regular summon to work all the time first!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. "But but you might be... your phone..." I have a Windows Phone. It doesn't exist to Tesla. My summon works fine without continuous press on my fob.
I'm not following your comment. Continuous press is an option in the app. This is for the S but it's the same. The model 3 fob does operate on Bluetooth, which means you have to be close to the car for it to work.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/Model_S_release_notes_7_1_1_us_cn.pdf

Fob
Tesla starts shipping new key fob with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) - Electrek

Is the Summon feature really a big deal to a lot of folks or just something cool to play with? It just seems a whole lot easier to just walk to the darn car, get it and drive away than to sit outside the restaurant and say, everyone wait here, I am going to Summon the car to us. Now the wife and kids become impatient and start complaining as Dad fiddles with the app on the phone and prays the car makes it 200 feet to the to the front of the restaurant. :D

Cool party trick but not very practical for everyday use. Now, if the car can go pick up my take out order while I stay home and watch the football game, oh wait, we have already have Uber Eats, Delivery Dudes, Grub Hub, Door Dash, Swiggy, Deliveroo, Delivery.com, Zomato, etc. for that.
Currently it's mostly a toy. I do use it for a reason here and there, mostly when washing my car or backing out of a tight spot.

Current, deployed summon is very useful for tight garages. If you could comfortably enter your car with the windows only (Dukes of Hazzard style), summon wouldn't be as valuable.

vlcsnap-2013-09-28-16h50m53s40-8x6.png

I'm not following your comment. Continuous press is an option in the app. This is for the S but it's the same. The model 3 fob does operate on Bluetooth, which means you have to be close to the car for it to work.

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/Model_S_release_notes_7_1_1_us_cn.pdf

Fob
Tesla starts shipping new key fob with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) - Electrek

Currently it's mostly a toy. I do use it for a reason here and there, mostly when washing my car or backing out of a tight spot.
IIRC the fob needs continuous press to be off for summon to work on the 3.

I bought my MX several months ago. Summon has NEVER worked properly. Doesn’t stop in reverse, and auto park from screen damn near hit my garage side this week. Tesla says it’s a firmware problem and thanks for the report. They’ll let me know when it’s fixed, they said—two months ago. $110,000 for a car with features that just will not work. 2019 MX.
OK, finally, everything works. I don't know what they did but V10 update fixed it all. So, now, I am happy. I have used smart summon and it works perfectly. I even now have the guts to use summon to open my garage door to back out the car (I did not have the confidence previously to do that) but now I do. Thanks Tesla.

Reactions: DopeGhoti