Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Which I don't understand. He says that it is released you Early Access Owners next week but - looking at all these YouTube videos - I thought these owners had it already.

It was released to early access but then it was pulled because Elon said it was not good enough yet. Now, it is being re-released to early access again after Tesla has worked on it some more.

Apologies, didn't expect updates about Enhanced Summon to be in the "Automatic City Driving" thread.

I am very excited though, hopefully there are speed improvements and not as much wheel turning as before. I wonder if it uses its own neural net and gathers data like AP

No, there is also another Enhanced Summon thread here: Enhance summon coming next week!

I seriously doubt that. The two cases are very different. Everything they promised will most likely come on AP3. :)

That assumes you will actually get AP3... ;) I would say at the very least the schedule of that depends on Tesla’s finances given how reluctant they have been doing many warranty repairs even lately.

But still, it doesn’t seem far-fetched that AP3 would meet its limits sooner than the promises are met. So many past Tesla products did. AP1 certainly. P85D(L), P90D(L) for sure. So many unfulfilled promises that came in later hardware versions.

• Disagree
Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
Speaking of recent Tesla’s promises, we can’t even get yellowing screens replaced as promised — and where is that MCU2 (not free) upgrade option that was promised to keep people buying the MCU1 inventory?

There is reason to not trust Tesla’s word, it seems.

That assumes you will actually get AP3... ;) I would say at the very least the schedule of that depends on Tesla’s finances given how reluctant they have been doing many warranty repairs even lately.
Tesla has already put some of the FSD money into unrecognized revenue bucket. So, it would actually be better for them to upgrade us to HW3 - when they can recognize the revenue.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Tesla has already put some of the FSD money into unrecognized revenue bucket. So, it would actually be better for them to upgrade us to HW3 - when they can recognize the revenue.

Possibly. However my point about risk to delay in HW3 retrofits does stand as long as Tesla seems to be concerned about cash on hand because HW3 retrofits certainly will require using lots of it.

Possibly. However my point about risk to delay in HW3 retrofits does stand as long as Tesla seems to be concerned about cash on hand because HW3 retrofits certainly will require using lots of it.
There is no cash on hand concerns. Even with same really bad deliveries as Q1 they will have 100s of millions in operating cash flow. See my models in the Financial Projections thread in investment sub forum.

There is no cash on hand concerns. Even with same really bad deliveries as Q1 they will have 100s of millions in operating cash flow. See my models in the Financial Projections thread in investment sub forum.

Fair enough if that is your thesis. Personally I can’t completely dismiss the idea that Tesla is also interested in conserving cash not just worried about fiscal reports. HW3 retrofits would not go well hand in hand with conserving cash was my point.

If you don’t believe Tesla is interested in conserving cash in this instance then of course the risk of delay in HW3 retrofits is much less than I think personally. I feel Tesla is possibly waiting for a fiscal turnaround — maybe helped by China or Model Y — before starting the retrofits.

No, not at all. That's why they set money aside for it. They can't recognize the revenue until they deliver the goods, and part of delivering those goods is the actual manufacture and installation of HW3 on those vehicles. Thus, they can convert those set-aside funds to pay for those installation costs, and as far as Tesla's balance sheet is concerned, those upgrades never happened.

No, not at all. That's why they set money aside for it. They can't recognize the revenue until they deliver the goods, and part of delivering those goods is the actual manufacture and installation of HW3 on those vehicles. Thus, they can convert those set-aside funds to pay for those installation costs, and as far as Tesla's balance sheet is concerned, those upgrades never happened.

I’m not convinced the money is set aside for this (other than as an accounting tecnicality) so in my analysis cash still matters — as long as that remains an issue for Tesla as it currently seems somewhat to be. Just my view.

I’m not convinced the money is set aside for this (other than as an accounting tecnicality) so in my analysis cash still matters — as long as that remains an issue for Tesla as it currently seems somewhat to be. Just my view.

I think Tesla is setting aside funds for this the same way landlords "set aside" security deposits. Cash on hand is important, however, it is insignificant compared to net income. The sooner they can implement FSD, the sooner they can recognize the revenue.