Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enjoying my P85 Loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My silver MS40 is in the shop right now but they gave me this beautiful gray P85 loaner.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 895
I know. I was at a bank right next to there and that was the only parking spot I could find. The irony...

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna upgrade to it?
Actually that sounds great on paper but would feel kinda of weird. My car actually has less miles than the loaner and also the rims are pretty scratched on the loaner. I suppose people don't treat them as good as their own. The extra power & range would definitely be exciting but not the top of my priorities. Also, I still like my color combination better. Plus, the price difference would be huge, I reserved my MS40 a long time ago, prices on options have changed quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks kind of blue to me... Seriously nice car, though.

Yes, it kinda looks green sometimes and sometimes blue, depending on the sky. It's a very cool paint for sure.

How optioned out is the loaner?

Sad that others have banged up the wheels.

- My car is an MS40 with Pano Sunroof, active air suspension, standard sound system, and 21" wheels.
- The Loaner is a P85 with Pano Sunroof, no active air suspension, premium sound system, and 21" wheels.

I just got my car back and this how I feel about it:

1. The P85 is much more powerful and quick. Obviously, I expected that but was still surprised at how much the difference felt. It hauls!
2. The P85's suspension felt much more refined than my MS40's Air Suspension. It handles speed bump with better isolation and felt a bit more solid in the ground. I really have to slow down to under 5mph in my MS40 when I go through a speed bump or I'll feel a clunk and the tires will jump a little bit. Not so with the P85, felt more solid like a BMW suspension.
3. The Premium sound system sounds extremely similar to my Standard sound system, except with an extended Bass (due to the subwoofer, no surprise there.) This is a very welcome improvement and has the advantage of making it sound a bit louder also. The highs and mids are pretty much the same to my ears. The one feature that surprised me is the Dolby option... it made everything sound huge, like a totally more 3D, bigger and more enjoyable (and by the way, I usually hate that type of processing "trickery".) **BTW, I'm only assuming it was the Premium system because it could hear the subs and that Dolby button that my car doesn't have... but nowhere did it say it was the Premium Sound System**
4. My MS40 has less miles than the loaner (2,500 compared to 3,500) but my MS40 already has some interior parts that rattle when driving rough roads and some other little annoying sounds. I wonder if it's because of the stiffer, less-forgiving suspension.

Other than that. Glad I have my baby back. :)

Thanks for the comparison. It helps to read your driving notes for the different suspensions. I'm on the fence on ordering the active air or not.

I'm not sure it's a fair comparison in that the "P" 85's suspension might already be different to the suspension of "S" 40/60/85. In other words, the difference I felt might have to do more with the cars being an "S"40 and a "P"85 than with the car having the Air Suspension or not.

Now, I'm really curious about that. I'm going to start a topic on that subject.

I booked my service appointment several weeks out specifically to get a Model S loaner. I could have taken it in right away and got an Enterprise ICE. Well, I dropped my car off at the Toronto Service Center this afternoon and guess what... no Model S loaners. I'm driving a Ford Fusion for the next few days :mad: I though pre-paying for 8 years of inspections plus the extended warranty would have gotten me some favors, but I guess not.

random question - what kind of camera did you use for this shot? What make/model? HDR built-in or what kind of HDR post-processing software did you use? just curious...haven't done anything HDR related or not and that shot looks HDR to me. I've been wanting to play around with HDR photography ...