Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enterprise Service Loaners:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love that there's an entire thread complaining about the level of Tesla loaners you get as a result of service. Look hard enough and you'll find the same thread(s) where-in people complained about NOT getting Tesla loaners...y'all are impossible

Wasn't complaining - was just surprised to see they had outsourced entire loaner program to Enterprise with onsite service. Seems smart to me. Personally I don't care what kind of loaner car I get as long as it will get me where I need to go.

I've had a P85 and an 85 as in-house loaners, both passenger doors would not open from the outside which was a little annoying. My last two trips I received a black 75D and silver 75D both with cloth seats, < 1,500 miles from Enterprise. I noticed that they did have Autopilot trials. They were much better than the in-house vehicles.

Today I picked up an Enterprise black 75D TMS with cloth seats, from the Fremont SC. No complaints: it's much better than ICE. But I'd like to have TACC. Maybe Tesla could send a free trial of AutoPilot to these loaners?

When I had my last Enterprise loaner, it wasn't on V9 yet. I updated it to V9 and then the following day, I got a free trial for autopilot. I accepted that!

It'd be awesome if Tesla could work out a deal to give the Enterprise loaners autopilot. Then I'd have no complaints with the service loaners.

When I had my last Enterprise loaner, it wasn't on V9 yet. I updated it to V9 and then the following day, I got a free trial for autopilot. I accepted that!

It'd be awesome if Tesla could work out a deal to give the Enterprise loaners autopilot. Then I'd have no complaints with the service loaners.

You guys in CA are lucky to get Tesla loaners from Enterprise. Having moved from the Columbus (OH) service center (all Tesla loaners) to FL this year I just used the Orlando SvC today. Hertz is the local agency on site. Very nice; very efficient but I saw no Tesla loaners. A wide variety of cars went out while I was there: A Cadillac, a Toyota Avalon, and I used an Infiniti Q60 coupe. Nice car but obviously ICE.
I have never seen such a wide variety of useless information displayed on two screens and the instrument cluster. Knobs, buttons, lots of chrome and numbers galore. There was a g meter; a fuel flow gauge (was very useful flying jets; not so much with this car); a steering position indicator (!); and a whole lot more. No nav! Of course, it's only about a $40, 000 car;) What could I expect? Lots of road noise and no back seat room.

I hope there is no circumstance that will ever force me back (permanently) to an ICE vehicle.

I just got a 75D loaner at the Fremont SC today in Deep Blue Metallic. It allows me to compare directly with my old S85 with the darker blue finish. I'm happy I actually got a Tesla loaner this time as loaners for me in the last few years have been ICE cars from either Enterprise or Hertz (I used to get Model S and even a Roadster Sport once). Yes, no Autopilot but I finally got to see the new textile seats and I really wish I could swap to these. Also software version 9 (I really don't see what the complaints are about).

It may be a mere 75D, but it accelerates harder than my S85, feels more tightly built, drives more nimble, way faster MCU, and I'm just all-around more envious.

Just went in for service at Fremont and confirmed with them that Tesla is indeed phasing out entirely its in-house loaner fleet. Instead they are using enterprise which rents out both Teslas and gas cars

Here’s the problem with that: Enterprise Teslas are horrible. They are always 75Ds without exception and with zero option boxes checked. The worst part is that they never have autopilot

Tesla should really rethink offering service loaners or make enterprise get some higher end cars and autopilot for owners who are used to having these features.

agree and very annoying - esp in stop and go traffic that goes from 65 one minute to 30 and dead stop and vice versa. Why couldn't they at least keep the enhanced cruise control active. Enterprise should know that autopilot cars would have less accidents and are safer.

• Helpful
Reactions: rocketshipp85
Enterprise has teslas now???

I have had my car in three times for various issues in the space of 2.5 months.

First loaner I got was an S P85. Smelled like burned wire insulation. But I was at least glad it was a Tesla.
Next loaner I got was an Infiniti QX60 from Enterprise. Worse than my toyota sienna minivan.
Current loaner (battery pack on my model S failed) is a Cadillac XTS.

The two gas cars they promised to reimburse gasoline costs. For the first one I submitted receipts a few weeks ago, nothing? Do I get a check in the mail or something? The next one hopefully I'll return before Christmas so I can get back my car.

This is the main reason I hate these gas car loaners. The gas savings for my driving (2k-3k miles per month) is immense. I also charge at work so I don't even pay for much of the electricity. But even if I did, it would be a lot cheaper. Well at least I can use the 4% back on gas on my Costco visa card that is now near useless to me.

I have to go pick up a loaner from Enterprise today when I get off of work. The Enterprise priority pass that they sent me says that they're willing to do up to $50 a day plus taxes, etc. Most of the cars mentioned in this thread are well beyond that $50 price point, and there's absolutely no mention the PP site for electric cars.
So I'm intrigued to see what I'll actually get when I go to Enterprise in 5 hours. Located in Pensacola, FL.

I got an Enterprise rental from the Dedham service center yesterday. Super Charging is disabled on it because a large amount of super charging has been used and the car owes over $60 to Tesla for charging.

There is no autopilot even though it is a HW2. Black leather seats. The passenger side window is not adjusted correctly because at higher speeds there is air noise.

But better than an ICE.

• Informative
Reactions: mblakele
Personally I don't care what kind of loaner car I get as long as it will get me where I need to go.
A year ago the Dedham SC was offering Mercedes loaners (via Enterprise) when they ran out of Teslas. I think they were thinking to offer a premium car. I personally don't want that; I've been only driving an EV for almost 5 years and don't want an ICE vehicle at all.

I got an Enterprise rental from the Dedham service center yesterday. Super Charging is disabled on it because a large amount of super charging has been used and the car owes over $60 to Tesla for charging.

There is no autopilot even though it is a HW2. Black leather seats. The passenger side window is not adjusted correctly because at higher speeds there is air noise.

But better than an ICE.

Be sure to tell the SC about the problems. Disabling supercharging is a pretty serious problem for a loaner.

My last Enterprise Tesla was very low milage and had a misaligned steering wheel, off to one side when driving straight. I reported that when I returned it, so hopefully the SC found time to fix it.

got an Enterprise rental from the Dedham service center yesterday. Super Charging is disabled on it because a large amount of super charging has been used and the car owes over $60 to Tesla for charging

I wondered how that would play out when I got one of the Enterprise loaners. I saw it didn't have free supercharging, and we know Tesla doesn't have the ability to "pay at the pump". I figured Enterprise would eventually charge some extra fees or something like they do with tolls.