Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entertainment screen issues EVERY MORNING

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model X, and always update to the latest software. For the past week or so, every morning my Sirius/XM stations are gone from the entertainment system. Also, the "no seatbelt" chime begins and won't stop. I have to walk away from the car and return to get the chime to stop. Then I have to reset the user interface to get the satellite stations to reappear - and sometimes THAT doesn't even work right away. I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this...

You may well be the only person with this particular intermittent/flakey problem. After all, there are so many issues with the model X that it is likely every car can have it's own problems that no other car on the planet has. Mine has many intermittent problems. I've pretty much given up trying to get them fixed.

Reactions: Jetwash08
I have a 2020 Model X, and always update to the latest software. For the past week or so, every morning my Sirius/XM stations are gone from the entertainment system. Also, the "no seatbelt" chime begins and won't stop. I have to walk away from the car and return to get the chime to stop. Then I have to reset the user interface to get the satellite stations to reappear - and sometimes THAT doesn't even work right away. I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this...
I have the missing Sirius favorites daily. I swipe up to expand the Sirius window then swipe down and my favorites reappear.

did you try resetting the car? I think you hold down both buttons.

If you are talking to me, of course. Often I don't need to reset it because it will reset itself... even while driving. The biggest cause seems to be using the browser. That is one flakey code base. It barely works, won't give access to any controls until it loads the initial page (wouldn't it be nice to skip that page and get right to the page you want?) and seems to barf on a lot of web content.

This is just another way in which driving a Tesla is like driving a cell phone.

What is the thing about holding the buttons until you see the Tesla logo appear? I'm pretty sure waiting for the screen to black out is adequate. Does the booting software read the buttons on the way up and do something different?

Also, why do some say to step on the brake pedal while holding the buttons down? Again, is this about the software reading the state of the pedal while booting up?

I usually say the car is a cell phone with wheels, but this makes me think of an old PC with wheels. Maybe I should call it a model XT.

What is the thing about holding the buttons until you see the Tesla logo appear? I'm pretty sure waiting for the screen to black out is adequate. Does the booting software read the buttons on the way up and do something different?

Also, why do some say to step on the brake pedal while holding the buttons down? Again, is this about the software reading the state of the pedal while booting up?

I usually say the car is a cell phone with wheels, but this makes me think of an old PC with wheels. Maybe I should call it a model XT.
Holding the buttons until the Tesla logo appears does a deeper reboot. Some people theorize that the brake pedal component of the reboot is only a way to make sure the vehicle isn't being driven (because the deeper reboot won't trigger if it is), but I think it may have provided additional input for the deeper reboot in MCU1 based on behavioral differences I think I remember.

Good Day,

Definitely an issue, Best thing to do is when you leave the car set it to a Xm station. It should tune to that station by default. After a few miles it will relink and display
your favorites again.

Sadly, once again a $130,000 , the best on the planet, but not perfect !!