Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enumclaw Supercharger- Any News?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both of these locations will be targeted for level 2 chargers given their use case. For those of you passing Auburn on your way to 410, I would suggest looking into open permitting applications with City of Auburn. You might just be surprised...

Level 2 chargers aren’t sufficient for MX. We need CHAdeMO chargers at Enumclaw at least. Also CCS for the upcoming VAG electric vehicles if one thinks ahead.

Enumclaw is still my highest desired supercharger site. It makes a lot of sense for crystal mountain and mt rainier. If they had a pay only supercharger I'd pay (even though I have free supercharging). A second choice would be a bank of high power chargers somewhere between there and crystal. One of those little towns that I don't usually stop at should get a bank of pay high power chargers (80 amp tesla j1772, I can use it).

Enumclaw is still my highest desired supercharger site. It makes a lot of sense for crystal mountain and mt rainier. If they had a pay only supercharger I'd pay (even though I have free supercharging). A second choice would be a bank of high power chargers somewhere between there and crystal. One of those little towns that I don't usually stop at should get a bank of pay high power chargers (80 amp tesla j1772, I can use it).

I’m guessing “Enumclaw” has now turned into Auburn.

Reactions: Alysashley79
I’m guessing “Enumclaw” has now turned into Auburn.

It's strange that they still list enumclaw on their supercharger page. I just looked and it still says enumclaw and not auburn. Auburn isn't as convenient for Seattleites going to Crystal, but it's great to have.

I wish someone in Enumclaw would invest in high power chargers. I would invest in it. There should be some business at that mall downtown that should be able to see that this would attract a lot of tesla owners. 80 amp charging, 4 banks, next to a coffee place - it could be big.

It's strange that they still list enumclaw on their supercharger page. I just looked and it still says enumclaw and not auburn. Auburn isn't as convenient for Seattleites going to Crystal, but it's great to have.

I wish someone in Enumclaw would invest in high power chargers. I would invest in it. There should be some business at that mall downtown that should be able to see that this would attract a lot of tesla owners. 80 amp charging, 4 banks, next to a coffee place - it could be big.
Once it opens then the pin would disappear if Tesla is planning to replace enumclaw with auburn. Same as Leavenworth replaced Wenatchee.

Also not sure why you’re saying auburn is not convenient on the Seattle>crystal route. Auburn is 15 miles from enumclaw so losing only 30 miles RT which is not that much all things considered.

Once it opens then the pin would disappear if Tesla is planning to replace enumclaw with auburn. Same as Leavenworth replaced Wenatchee.

Also not sure why you’re saying auburn is not convenient on the Seattle>crystal route. Auburn is 15 miles from enumclaw so losing only 30 miles RT which is not that much all things considered.
Google said 20 minutes longer from my eastside start going to Auburn instead of through 'downtown' Enumclaw. I'm not hating on it, it's got its advantages being by 167 but 20 minutes extra for me. I drive by Enumclaw 15 times a year like Crystal skiing eastsiders.

For Bellevue >> Crystal Mtn I'm seeing only a 1 minute difference going through Auburn.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 52
For Bellevue >> Crystal Mtn I'm seeing only a 1 minute difference going through Auburn.

I’m confused about that too. I think Seattle (contrary to his name ;) ) means eastern cities like issaquah, snoqualmie, north bend, that would take them through Hobart and Black Diamond

If someone traveling from East Washington to Mt Rainier, Cle Enum would be the last SC before hitting Sunrise and it needs more charge on the way. (Issaquah SC is urban type and super crowded at the peak time and weekend / Tesla recently forced 80% charging limit on this location, busy time only) - Hitting Auburn would be a non-trivial detour for them.

Last edited:
If someone traveling from East Washington to Mt Rainier, Cle Enum would be the last SC before hitting Sunrise and it needs more charge on the way. (Issaquah SC is urban type and super crowded at the peak time and weekend / Tesla recently forced 80% charging limit on this location, busy time only) - Hitting Auburn would be a non-trivial detour for them.
Yes I understand that. But we are talking about Eastside as in cities to the east of Lk. WA not eastern/central WA state.

It's not Enumclaw, but EA is putting in a station at the Covington Walmart (50kW CCS/CHAdeMO) for those who can use the adapter. They had the stalls installed back in May, but not wired up at the time. I haven't checked it out since.

It's not Enumclaw, but EA is putting in a station at the Covington Walmart (50kW CCS/CHAdeMO) for those who can use the adapter. They had the stalls installed back in May, but not wired up at the time. I haven't checked it out since.

EA is kicking the *sugar* out of the Tesla Supercharger team of late. Driving through Tulalip, WA last night notice that EA had another site opened at the outlet stores. Way more convenient than the Arlington, WA Supercharger 2 miles off the freeway.