Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eo Mini Pro installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an EO mini Pro installed by Jorro (Scotland) fantastic install had to put in a earth rod but works fine.
One point though and im hoping someone will be able to help. The app recommended to use is EV Juicenet and after a wee bit of a faff connecting to home wifi and installing the App ive got it working.
The problem I have though is the charge amounts etc are in dollars and there is nothing I can see that will allow me to change to GBP so if there is anyone out there in a similar situation can shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Just had an EO mini Pro installed by Jorro (Scotland) fantastic install had to put in a earth rod but works fine.
One point though and im hoping someone will be able to help. The app recommended to use is EV Juicenet and after a wee bit of a faff connecting to home wifi and installing the App ive got it working.
The problem I have though is the charge amounts etc are in dollars and there is nothing I can see that will allow me to change to GBP so if there is anyone out there in a similar situation can shed some light on this I would be grateful.

Hi. I noticed this. Had it installed last week very poorly mind. I emailed support and asked how to change to £. Their reply was ‘not available to switch to £.’ Although they expect to be able to eventually with an update.

An update and a question...
I used the EO mini Pro untethered last night to charge from about 25% to 90% and monitored on the EV Juicenet it took just under 3 hours (which is great)
But one thing I did notice which Im not sure is ok the charger was running at 7.9 KW not 7.2 ?? is this within limits or has it been incorrectly installed

Thanks

kW is a function of current and voltage.

If current remains same, say 32A, then 7.9kW equates to 252.8v and 7.2kW equates to 230v. [edit-senior moment]

UK is meant to be 230v +/- a tolerance, so 7.36kW. However historically, UK was 240v (and largely is), so 7.68kW, which is still within tolerance, and so is 246v. Voltage bounces around depending on loads or supply, so variable voltage is normal. If you have solar PV, you may experience high voltage than 240v as routine.

I think you are well within what is to be expected. However surprised that 7.2kW is mentioned rather than 7.36kW - maybe its a reference to non UK regions.

I just checked our home voltage and 246v.

Last edited:

If current remains same, say 32A, then 7.9kW equates to 246v and 7.2kW equates to 225v.

UK is meant to be 230v +/- a tolerance, so 7.36kW. However historically, UK was 240v (and largely is), so 7.68kW, which is still within tolerance, and so is 246v. Voltage bounces around depending on loads or supply, so variable voltage is normal. If you have solar PV, you may experience high voltage than 240v as routine.

I think you are well within what is to be expected. However surprised that 7.2kW is mentioned rather than 7.36kW - maybe its a reference to non UK regions.

Thanks for your reply, yes it stayed at 32A and no errors were thrown. Ev Juicenet App though was garbage at shaking hands with the car showing wrong SOC and mileage and estimation of length of charge, tried using the EO app but it refused to QR scan the code on the side of my Mini Pro.

Thanks again

I also have this charger installed and been using it for last few weeks. The charging is constant at 32A and 30 Mph.
Happy with the performance and it looks small and neat. But I have not used the JuiceNet app yet as I am waiting to be migrated over to the new EV tariff from next month.

Other than the localisation and real time car data issues, does the app correctly start and stop charging on selected times?

I also have this charger installed and been using it for last few weeks. The charging is constant at 32A and 30 Mph.
Happy with the performance and it looks small and neat. But I have not used the JuiceNet app yet as I am waiting to be migrated over to the new EV tariff from next month.

Other than the localisation and real time car data issues, does the app correctly start and stop charging on selected times?

Yes it stops at the 90% (set on the car) but I think the Car is stopping the charge as the Juicenet App still thinks it has another couple of hours to go.
Not tried schedule charging yet (dont really need to)

Cheers

Reactions: Roy W.
Just to bring this thread back to life, I'm pretty impressed that Juicenet have kept the EO Mini Pro up to date. My charger that's over a year old is now able to automatically use the best prices on Octopus Agile each night. It doesn't connect to the Tesla API so I need to use it's app to define the starting charge, but then it'll stop and start for the cheapest 30 minute segments to get me to my target. Also now since the Model 3 sorted the sleeping issue it's not sending any current or staying awake to wait for charge.

I remain impressed by devices that get better over time.

• Informative
Reactions: DenkiJidousha

If current remains same, say 32A, then 7.9kW equates to 252v and 7.2kW equates to 230v.

I just checked our home voltage and 246v.
I get over 8Kwh on my eo mini pro single phase

No, just became available in the mobile app under device settings.

EO Mini Pro 2 wasn't available in August 2019.
Just so I understand, if I select Octpus and my UK region (the only option available to me), then enable Smart Charging in the EV JuiceNet app, it will optimise to the most economic selection of 30 minute intervals to hit the target charge?

I get over 8Kwh on my eo mini pro single phase

The peak output depends on the mains voltage supply at your house. The eo Mini does not have any magic components that give a higher charge than other charge points (or the UMC with the commando adapter). You get 32amps ... which is nominally at 230v ... but most UK mains voltage is higher than that in practice so you end up with higher kW output. If you are close to the sub-station you may well be getting about 250v which would give you 8kW. (It is true that some charge points limit the amps to slightly under 32 so in those cases you may not quite reach that 8kW even with 250v coming in.)

Reactions: Lickrob
Just so I understand, if I select Octpus and my UK region (the only option available to me), then enable Smart Charging in the EV JuiceNet app, it will optimise to the most economic selection of 30 minute intervals to hit the target charge?
You need to tell the app your current and target charge level. When you look back you can see that it picked the times with the lowest cost to charge ...

upload_2020-11-15_16-37-31.png

The green bars show the cost, the purple line shows when it's charging.

You need to tell the app your current and target charge level. When you look back you can see that it picked the times with the lowest cost to charge ...

View attachment 608583

The green bars show the cost, the purple line shows when it's charging.
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

I ended ditching the Juice net app and use ev.energy app instead. Works well with Agile
I use ev.energy at the moment. I think it is really great, but It misses the time windows by a few minutes. I’m also getting less comfortable with letting apps have my Tesla credentials/token.

If the EO will do the same job, I think I’d prefer to use that.