Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Erroneous FCW alerts w/ FSD Beta 10.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the 10.3 update early this AM (having been hovering just above 99 for the last couple weeks this was my first access to it), and have had a very rough initial experience of it. Among the problems encountered on my first out and back trip:
  • Multiple scenarios (~8-10) where I needed to take control or autopilot disengaged after 10 or so miles of suburban driving.
  • Multiple audible indicators for FCW upon approaching / proceeding through 3 successive lights. All three were false indicators. Subsequently I was unable to engage autopilot.
  • Thinking perhaps a clean slate might be in order, I rebooted prior to making the return leg. The vehicle still would not permit me to engage autopilot.
  • But it did yield at least 3 additional erroneous audible FCW alerts. The first came as I proceeded through a light that is not yet active (it’s not powered on and the lights have covers on them) and then ~10-30 seconds later while driving normally on a divided state highway w/ little to no surrounding traffic.
So I think I may be in the penalty box for strikeouts.... alas the FCW stuff was totally erroneous! I did press the video feedback button after one of these occurrences and have mailed fsdbeta twice but nothing back yet (not unexpectedly).

So anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
Reactions: El joe and Bruce W
YES!! I just had it installed and was really excited to get to test it out. My first drive went fine, but then I got home, parked it and then tried to leave again about 15 minutes later and the whole Autopilot system is jacked up.
  • Won't allow me to use FSD Beta in the city anymore (Cruise and Auto steer unavailable)
  • Gives me erroneous Forward collision warnings constantly when driving that are not correct
  • If I turn OFF FSD Beta I can use Autopilot in City and on highway, but it will disengage within a minute or too for absolutely no reason.
This is HORRIBLE. I can't even drive my car normally without the Forward collision alerts going off now. :( I tried a hard sleep for 5 minutes (didn't work), as well as a reset and that didn't work either.

YES!! I just had it installed and was really excited to get to test it out. My first drive went fine, but then I got home, parked it and then tried to leave again about 15 minutes later and the whole Autopilot system is jacked up.
  • Won't allow me to use FSD Beta in the city anymore (Cruise and Auto steer unavailable)
  • Gives me erroneous Forward collision warnings constantly when driving that are not correct
  • If I turn OFF FSD Beta I can use Autopilot in City and on highway, but it will disengage within a minute or too for absolutely no reason.
This is HORRIBLE. I can't even drive my car normally without the Forward collision alerts going off now. :( I tried a hard sleep for 5 minutes (didn't work), as well as a reset and that didn't work either.
Yes same exactly for me. They’ll fix it soon. It’s part of being in a beta.

Reactions: blecchus_rex
Yes same exactly for me. They’ll fix it soon. It’s part of being in a beta.
Yes, I expect so... my worry being that my experience might have been an unqualified edge case and some automated logic was about to boot me from FSD after being put into the naughty corner after 1 drive! it's reassuring to see it's not isolated behavior and likely to capture Tesla's attention.

I couldn't ever engage autopilot or cruise control. I had to just drive around manually. I tried all the tricks I know for resetting, but nothing worked. I got a ton of FCWs even for cars that were 10-20 lengths ahead of me and speeding away from me.

I was able to engage AP on the highway, but once it exited, it freaked out and told me to take over immediately.

A little frustrating I didn't even get to try it out.

Reactions: blecchus_rex
Same exact issue here... 2020 Model Y. First drive out it worked great.... came home and tried to go back out and it will not engage!! Very frustrating! Tried resetting and everything I can think of! Anyone figure out a fix???

Same. Worked on the way out - blowing & standing leaves caused the only real problems. got back in the car to return and autopilot & cruise were unavailable on surface streets but worked on limited access.