Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Market Situation and Outlook

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure. I think @Yggdrasill told us that they change the identifiers from EK to EV, so it seems possible that if affects other brands...(see Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge)
My understanding is that it also affects other brands, particularly those with a lot of deliveries, as they are constantly getting new blocks of license plates from the authorities. The dealers that register a car every now and then will still be on the EK series.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Strange, I must admit I don't really understand Tesla's strategy anymore wrt international deliveries. They claim they want to smooth out the delivery process because it was placing too much stress on their after sales department, which is quite correct. And they were well on their way for Norway in Q2. The US federal credit issue gave them excellent cover to completely smooth at least Norway out. And then Tesla reverses not just 180 degrees but also backed it up some more by having a first month even slower than usual?

I just saw this ad, the wording seems unfortunate but it's just an electronic box o_O the link goes to evtun dot com (a EU company?)

ad.jpg

Not sure. I think @Yggdrasill told us that they change the identifiers from EK to EV, so it seems possible that if affects other brands...(see Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge)

That is correct. We had EL first, and then EK. In July we had to change to EV and my program had a small bug so it did not get all the EV registrations. I'm working with it now and look like the final number will for Tesla will be 70. This is new cars and imported cars.

Thanks for your work on this @nasatech. You don't get enough credit around here if even me just now learns teslastats is your work. Norway is starved for ev cars if there is steady trickle of imports going on.

Thank you!! It's very nice to get feedback. Both negative and positive, but hopefully positive :)

I use a lot of time debugging, programming and maintaining these pages so I love it when people contact me on forums, mail, Messenger, Twitter etc.

Good news! Looks like Tesla is preparing to bring Model 3 to Europe:
Tesla Registers 17 LHD Model 3 VINs — Comin' To Europe, Baby! | CleanTechnica

The VINs registered are Left-Hand-Drive and one digit indicates it is for EU. So obviously for Britain. I am actually surprised that the first EU VINs we are seeing are LHD. So it would seem they are bringing Model 3 to all of Europe at once? Most likely to make full use of selling the expensive Performance and AWD Models in as large numbers as possible as they are doing now for the US.

I am also surprised that there have been Model 3 in Australian show rooms already but not in Europe. Does that have to do with a (possible/likely) different charging connector?

Good news! Looks like Tesla is preparing to bring Model 3 to Europe:
Tesla Registers 17 LHD Model 3 VINs — Comin' To Europe, Baby! | CleanTechnica

The VINs registered are Left-Hand-Drive and one digit indicates it is for EU. So obviously for Britain. I am actually surprised that the first EU VINs we are seeing are LHD. So it would seem they are bringing Model 3 to all of Europe at once? Most likely to make full use of selling the expensive Performance and AWD Models in as large numbers as possible as they are doing now for the US.

I am also surprised that there have been Model 3 in Australian show rooms already but not in Europe. Does that have to do with a (possible/likely) different charging connector?
That’s great to hear, hopefully we will start see them on the roads soon.

But if it is left hand drive, don’t you mean it won’t go to UK? Left hand drives goes to right side traffic and vice versa.

That’s great to hear, hopefully we will start see them on the roads soon.

But if it is left hand drive, don’t you mean it won’t go to UK? Left hand drives goes to right side traffic and vice versa.

Ahem, sorry. You´re right, I was confused it seems :confused:. I think the fact that they explicitly stated the drive side led me to believe it must be the "non-normal" side ;).

Just saw on reddit the Model 3 will be at Paris Motor show, October 4-14! See here: https://www.mondial-paris.com/en/visiteur/exposant/551/tesla

At the Mondial Paris Motor Show 2018, Tesla is showcasing Model S, Model X and Model 3. The Powerwall home battery will also be on display.

This will be Model 3's second appearance in Europe, before deliveries starts in the first half of 2019. Model 3 reservation holders will be informed about pricing and information specific to Europe at a later date.

I am actually thinking about going there, a one-day ticket is 16 EUR. Would be fun to meet some of you!