Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zap75 that was awesome!!! As a european I'm really curious about the roll-out just like everyone else. Maybe it's harder in Europe to get permission...or maybe it just take a little longer? I'm sure that if it was easier to get SCs up and running, Tesla should have deployed many more by this time.
Thanks ;).
However, I can understand it that Tesla didn't roll out more than it did. They will probably have a very good reason for that. What I really don't like is the total lack of information. And what I hate is when people don't keep a promise. And a promise from the CEO I take very seriously. Elon should deliver on his promise and at least give us INFORMATION. When, where.

Conclusion: I don't mind waiting. I don't mind if I cannot use SC's on my holiday. But I *DO* mind not knowing if I can.

Thanks ;).
However, I can understand it that Tesla didn't roll out more than it did. They will probably have a very good reason for that. What I really don't like is the total lack of information. And what I hate is when people don't keep a promise. And a promise from the CEO I take very seriously. Elon should deliver on his promise and at least give us INFORMATION. When, where.

Conclusion: I don't mind waiting. I don't mind if I cannot use SC's on my holiday. But I *DO* mind not knowing if I can.

Patience is a virtue.

Patience is a virtue.

Considering the time most Tesla owners had to wait to have their Model S delivered one can hardly say that patience is not one of their virtues :)

I can understand that especially in this time of year, when everybody is planning their summer holiday, it is frustrating not to be able to do so. Of course one would like to take the Model S for this yearly event, so do I. If not possible I can also understand that but the only thing is that I want to know it so another scenario can be chosen for the holiday in time.

That has not much to do with patience. And, I've seen it too in the video, this information has been promised.

-
Another happy Tesla driver (who is lucky enough to have the holiday in Hungary this summer and the corridor from The Netherlands to Salzburg is already covered with SC).

Email from Tesla:

We understand your disappointment in the roll out of SC and also in lack of communication.
We still intend to open the route to the south of France before the start of the high season.
I also expect that we will open one or two supercharges in The Netherlands.
I don’t know when we can publish more detailed information.

Email from Tesla:

We understand your disappointment in the roll out of SC and also in lack of communication.
We still intend to open the route to the south of France before the start of the high season.
I also expect that we will open one or two supercharges in The Netherlands.
I don’t know when we can publish more detailed information.

Blimey that's the first time I've ever seen them give any info away...

Sow which address responded to this, so we can all spam them? :wink:

If the same scenario of the expasion of the Supercharger network in the US in 2013 will be repeated here in Europe in 2014 as well, then we should not expect too much too soon. Just ask the people from the US how long they have had to wait. They had to be patient in 2013, and likewise we will have be patient in 2014 as well.

In the US (from the second half of 2013 up to January 2014) the number of Supercharger stations that actually did go live:

- On June 19th, 2013: The 10th Supercharger station went live.
- On December 18th, 2013: The 42nd Supercharger station went live.

That means that in a period of 6 months 33 Supercharger stations went live.

- On January 23rd, 2014: The 71st Supercharger station went live.

That means that in a period of (about) 1 month 38 Supercharger stations went live.

Now that is a big difference.

Therefore, I think it's better not to expect too much too soon.

Of course there will be plenty of Supercharger stations going live in 2014 in Europe as well.

But the most will go live at the end of the year (Q4 2014).

If I would have to make a prediction, this is what it would look like:
- In Q2 2014: 10 to 15 new Supercharger stations that go live.
- In Q3 2014: 15 to 20 new Supercharger stations that go live.
- In Q4 2014: 30 to 40 new Supercharger stations that go live.
- And in 2015 even more Supercharger stations will go live.

Last edited:
What is the status of this Supercharger station?
Is it under construction, or is it already active/live?
On the photo we see a red Tesla Model S charging, is that a photo of this particular Supercharger station?

According to the article linked by Volker the Supercharger on the A7 highway will be installed and ready in summer. IMO main thing is that within this year the Supercharger network will cover all Northern Italy.

Another is Autohof Hengersberg (between Regensburg und Passau, A3).
On their app Auto und Rast. Autohof Guide, they mention Tesla Schnelladestation ab Sommer 2014. Would be a nice place 60 km before entering Austria.

Is there more info regarding this Supercharger location?

- - - Updated - - -

According to the article linked by Volker the Supercharger on the A7 highway will be installed and ready in summer. IMO main thing is that within this year the Supercharger network will cover all Northern Italy.

Yes, that would be really great.

I really hope this is the start of a cascade of new SC's popping up in Germany (and the rest of Europe).
Construction of a SC only takes 1 or 2 weeks right? And like last years constructions the crew moves from location to location. Maybe interesting if someone could ask the workers there where they are going next?

My guess is that another Euro Rastpark will be up soon, like on the A2 near Hamm:
http://www.autohof-lippetal.de/dcc/index.php?page_id=4&path=4&xtra=Anfahrt

Is this location good for the corridor-East Amsterdam-Berlin? Hmmm....

So, another SC site has been spotted on the A2.

Quoting from another topic:

The first one is Euro Rastpark Hohenwarsleben near Magdeburg (A2) (there are pictures of that one already and it is on supercharge.info), the second one (no pics yet), just a construction area that smells like SC at a KFC near Bad Nenndorf, also A2:
kentucky fried chicken in der Nähe von Bad Nenndorf, Deutschland - Google Maps (credits for posting to conni: TFF Forum Thema anzeigen - Supercharger in Europa )

So along the A2 we have:
- Bad Nenndorf (KFC)
- Autohof Irxleben, Hohenwarsleben

Just one more near Osnabrück and I can go to Berlin!

Construction work spotted near the Tesla Service Center Vienna, Austria reported by TFF forum member tom:
photo4_zps3e6580e7.jpg

source and more images here: TFF Forum - Supercharger - Wien