Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla must pull a major one here, if they want to keep the promise to double the number of superchargers in Germany every quarter. That would be 12 new sites, and they are quickly running out of quarter.
Agreed, except for the specific number. There were 4 Supercharger sites in Germany last quarter, doubling that number means another four in Q1 and then eight more in Q2. That's still way more than we can see until now (which is zero).

Can somebody from Germany confirm this:

Neue inoffizielle Infos zu den Superchargern:
Dieses Jahr sollen noch 40(!) Supercharger in Deutschland eröffnet werden. 2 aktuelle Baustellen gibt es z.Zt. (wo ist uns leider nicht bekannt). Das Autobahnkreuz A2/A7 bei Hannover soll definitiv einen bekommen.

The A2/A7 intersection at Hannover would be great for me since I go to Berlin quite often.

But the message says there will be another 40 SuperChargers in Germany this year and that construction for 2 new locations is already on it's way.

Any more insider information? tff-forum.de doesn't show any additional information. (I can read German)

Great news. This is our gateway to Western Europe. (I'd love to be able to use it when driving my car home from Tilburg.)

Great news, Tesla is moving southbound in Europe, and I like that! Hun, wouldn't you be able to request to pickup the car from the Vienna store? That is what I intend to do when I order. Would that change things with regards to your import costs to Hungary (I wouldn't think that it would)?

P.S. On a side note, Bulgaria already has 5 Tesla Model S's, and there are more on the way! And the nearest Tesla SC is in Vienna for the entire SE Europe. If Tesla decides to open a service center in Sofia, that would be the decisive factor for me to get the car, as I would like to be within a single charge range from the nearest SC!

Great news, Tesla is moving southbound in Europe, and I like that! Hun, wouldn't you be able to request to pickup the car from the Vienna store? That is what I intend to do when I order. Would that change things with regards to your import costs to Hungary (I wouldn't think that it would)

When ordering from "Other Europe" your contract specifies Tilburg as the pick up location. That said, I will try to take delivery in Vienna if possible. (Tesla did not have a store in Vienna when I test drove the car in October.)

Elon mentioned that he was a bit surprised that the sales for Model S in europe was sort of slow...but as soon as there will be more Superchargers available that will change RAPIDLY...believe me. 14 available in Europe is not very good lol. As soon as there are above 50 things will look totally different.

Last edited:
I think this post has some relevance here:

Great German video

"Just watched the first video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fa0q...rgLiBeiJqzeIUQ ) - at 6:41 the Tesla guy says (when asked about where the superchargers are) "Ask me again in 3 to 4 weeks, then you can go up to Berlin, to Hamburg..." Sounds pretty definite. Looks like there are more superchargers coming up in Germany."

4 weeks, so that should be around end of april. Any news or movement yet?
A supercharger on the 2 in the Hanover area would be very nice for driving to Berlin.
And Oschersleben;-)

Today, construction work was scouted at the Autobahn A2 near Magdeburg, Germany.

file.php?id=3090.jpg

file.php?id=3089.jpg

google map link: Google Maps

credits go to HorstS!

source: TFF Forum Thema anzeigen - Supercharger in Europa