Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Problems at Moers, the SuC cannot be reached because there is a parking place just before the Chargers. Does anybody know how to get this info to Tesla?
399ed6e4ca484771877accc3e8996327.jpg
1a327038dff49b5975ae0b3772fc378c.jpg
bc027482222a73512411a3e7b658d7dd.jpg

Yuck.
This is ghastly and certainly not fully planned out//fully developed.

Looks like the first set of parking striping needs be fully deleted, and then have new striping added for the Superchargers.
And while they are at it, the probably need to add some plainly worded signage about tickets and towing for non-Tesla vehicles in those parking spots.
And they will need some curb stops to keep from damaging the Supercharger stanchions.

That is all.

Yet another SuC coming to the Hamburg area - can never have too many, of course, and I imagine this is the sort of density (and more) that will be needed when M3 hits the streets (so to speak) :biggrin:

http://supercharge.info/?Center=50.85,4.35&Zoom=5
That one kind of make sense as Rostock is a ferry terminal from Sweden and Norway. I.e. directly from Trelleborg and drivers from Norway going through that ferry. Not to mention Puttgarden from Denmark. If they are going less west than Hamburg they can hit that SC and then go directly east or southeast around Hamburg without having to continue southwest to where the current superchargers are. So a convenience but not very important.

Cobos

The European Tesla supercharger map has been updated with new "Coming Soon" superchargers and some of those are shown on the "2015" map which presumably means they are expected to open before the end of the year. There are some on the 2015 map whose sites haven't been found yet (according to supercharge.info) in the vicinity of Nantes and Valence France, Lahti and Jyväskylä Finland, Lampeland Norway, Dunbar Scotland and probably a few others. Several new countries are listed on the Coming Soon map including Poland (the site we know about), Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Turkey.

Hi emupilot - where did you find these locations? Particularly interested in the Dunbar Scotland one because, it's not far from me and I've not seen or heard anything about that before.

Stuart, I just flipped between the Today and 2015 buttons on the Tesla supercharger map and then noted which gray Coming Soon pins on the Today map were present (in red) on the 2015 map. Then I align the location of the coming soon pin relative to existing superchargers on supercharge.info (the new pin is pretty much due east from the Edinburgh airport supercharger and almost directly north (slightly west) of the Leeds South supercharger. Then I zoom in on the map to see what city is at that location. Looking closer (and assuming the Tesla pin is accurate) it could be closer to Thorntonloch or Cockburnspath on route A1. If you are driving through that area, keep an eye out for construction where there are traveler services.

Dunbar or Cockburnspath would be lovely because it's only 10 miles from us but I think everyone is hopeful that the grey tag is Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in England - which is half way between Edinburgh and the Leeds SC and makes the route more viable. If you compare it with the existing Gretna SC it's almost due East. Any Supercharger on this coast would be great though so we'll keep our eyes peeled.

Dunbar or Cockburnspath would be lovely because it's only 10 miles from us but I think everyone is hopeful that the grey tag is Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in England - which is half way between Edinburgh and the Leeds SC and makes the route more viable. If you compare it with the existing Gretna SC it's almost due East. Any Supercharger on this coast would be great though so we'll keep our eyes peeled.

You know what? The supercharger the new pin is due east of is actually Gretna Green, which would place it precisely in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, so your wish is granted!

I visited Nuits Saint Georges earlier today. And the SuCs where not accessable. According to the manager of the hotel, Tesla asked them to "block" the Chargers so something will happen?? Maybe somebody can check what will happen I am waiting for my second Tesla so I was there which my ICE. So I did not need to charge.
9175597a6c5319f5f9b058e142635ca8.jpg