Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Among members of TMC there is talk of a opening ceremony of the Aartselaar, Belgium Supercharger station on December 22nd, 2014. And there will be 6 stalls.

There's probably been a mixup.
22/12 is the official opening of Gent (8 Stalls), but is already working since end november
SuC Aartselaar is still under construction end expected to be functional end of this or next week.

There's probably been a mixup.
22/12 is the official opening of Gent (8 Stalls), but is already working since end november
SuC Aartselaar is still under construction end expected to be functional end of this or next week.

Yesterday S-19910 mentioned: "Ofwel kom je de SuC Aartselaar inhuldigen ; ofwel komen wij de boomhut inhuldigen !"

So, it appears that they are really going to meet each other at the Aartselaar Supercharger station at the Service Center on December 22nd, 2014.

But the official opening of the Ghent Supercharger station is also on the December 22nd, 2014.

So, that's the confusion, both events happening on the same day.

Yesterday S-19910 mentioned: "Ofwel kom je de SuC Aartselaar inhuldigen ; ofwel komen wij de boomhut inhuldigen !"

So, it appears that they are really going to meet each other at the Aartselaar Supercharger station at the Service Center on December 22nd, 2014.

But the official opening of the Ghent Supercharger station is also on the December 22nd, 2014.

No, "de boomhut" means "the treehouse". It's a joke to another forummember.
Tomorrow (19/12) we're gonna open unofficialy the Aartselaar SuC. Or you can say, we're constantly looking for reasons to drive around in our Telsa :cool:

Some clarification is required here.

The official opening of the Ghent Supercharger station is on the December 22nd, 2014. That's for sure.

But besides that Belgian folks have organised to meet each other at the Aartselaar Service Center tomorrow December 19th, but not because the Aartselaar Supercharger station will be live tomorrow December 19th. No, it's just that they want to organise a get together anyway, and they don't need to have a reason to do so. Meaning that they could easily have chosen a different location if they wanted to (somewhere in Antwerp for example). But because they chose to get together at the Aartselaar Service Center, I got the impression that it would go live. But that is not the case at all. It seems that I still have to learn a lot about the habits of Belgian people.

Please HELP!
I want to drive for Christmass from Denmark to Italy Val Gardena, through Brenner Pass, but there is no fast charging in Innsbruck. Does anybody know how much kW do Tesla P85 needs to cross Brenner Pass? Are there any other charging places on the way?
ElecroDrive has only 3,7 kW, SMATRICS need entry card which is not accesible for turists.
Any comments would help...

Some clarification is required here.

The official opening of the Ghent Supercharger station is on the December 22nd, 2014. That's for sure.

But besides that Belgian folks have organised to meet each other at the Aartselaar Service Center tomorrow December 19th, but not because the Aartselaar Supercharger station will be live tomorrow December 19th. No, it's just that they want to organise a get together anyway, and they don't need to have a reason to do so. Meaning that they could easily have chosen a different location if they wanted to (somewhere in Antwerp for example). But because they chose to get together at the Aartselaar Service Center, I got the impression that it would go live. But that is not the case at all. It seems that I still have to learn a lot about the habits of Belgian people.

It might be live tomorrow evening. And we want to celebrate that. The Superchargers are still very new to us with one temporary in Nivelles and Ghent open for a month.

Please HELP!
I want to drive for Christmass from Denmark to Italy Val Gardena, through Brenner Pass, but there is no fast charging in Innsbruck. Does anybody know how much kW do Tesla P85 needs to cross Brenner Pass? Are there any other charging places on the way?
ElecroDrive has only 3,7 kW, SMATRICS need entry card which is not accesible for turists.

It is hard!!! I'm waited for so long a SUc in Innsbruck, because we can go to Munich, try this web site, here you can find somethign E-Tankstellen / Stromtankstellen suchen und finden - e-tankstellen-finder.com

Please HELP!
I want to drive for Christmass from Denmark to Italy Val Gardena, through Brenner Pass, but there is no fast charging in Innsbruck. Does anybody know how much kW do Tesla P85 needs to cross Brenner Pass?

You could try this one.... Works in your Tesla as well.

In Dutch, but pretty straight forward.

Tesla | Hoogte

- - - Updated - - -

Among members of TMC there is talk of a opening ceremony of the Aartselaar, Belgium Supercharger station on December 22nd, 2014. And there will be 6 stalls.

It was a informal party by TMC-members, but the SuC was/is live !

After spending 2 days in London and taking taxis instead of the S, leaving it at the hotel, it became very clear to me why there are so many places in London with a SuC, and probably more will follow. There are (almost) no public chargers around, and public parking can cost around 20 GBP an hour! I spoke to one taxi driver and he told me from 2018 on only electric taxis will get a new permit. So after that year within 3 years only taxi's that are 100% electric will be driving the streets of London. Biggest issue the guy said was that there are no plans so far to build a good infrastructure to charge all taxis. Well, it seems Elon, the clever guy he is, is making sure he has charging points available all over London which can charge on a very high speed the vehicles and also convenient as it is are placed at places were many tourist go, so therefore also taxis go. Like London Tower, shopping malls, shipping docks. So when in 2017 the model 3 is out, (big enough for tourist that go from hotel to the centre or shopping mall) and with the S for trips back and forth to the hotel from the airports and perhaps some at the large shopping malls when your wife goes on a shopping spree you will see the EV taxi revolution in London with Tesla Cars.

Only issue is, people want to have the typical London taxi look. So maybe this will be a project were Elon will provide the battery's, charging system inside the car and opens the SuC network.

What ever will happen, I am convinced Elon will be part of it, one way or another.

At last. Accirding to supercharger.info there is now a SuC at Bad Fallingbostel wich make the hole in north Germany much smaller. 215 km to Busdorf SuC near Denmark and 379 km from Køge with the fiery of 19 km in recount. :)

Hell, I drove past it 2 days ago and did not know it was there! Anyway, not really needed, on my way to Brussels I drove from Hamburg SC with a 90% charge, to Lauenau SuC (SW of Hanover), in a little bit over an hour - wonderful Autobahn :)

Palmanova Suc is undercostruction at Palmanovauotle
image.jpg