Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

European SuperCharger rollout updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Belgium to Denmark today...

Urmond (we were lucky and got the final free space - two cars came soon after and had to queue. The risk of having to charge at lunchtime, I guess):

1a57755421ef32aac36117fbbed6e151.jpg

Kamen:

07de0f87e0444326e66a2e0edfbaf8be.jpg

Lauenau (blissfully desserted):

2765dcfb115bd5391c5ccb03828899e5.jpg

Hamburg (vip space!!):

9245c76ec23f949725b0ae074e6470fa.jpg

Rødekro (not a particularly inviting location):

8edcb971a327b9fe8468228c52ad26e7.jpg

Last edited:
On the last picture I don't think the place was iced. You have to plug in on the right side of the car. There are five empty spaces between the model S and the ICE.

Think you're right there, Hans, I stand corrected and will adapt the text.

This was my first long road-trip with superchargers and I took the option to drive fast, stop often and charge quick - so up to around 70% each time. For the return trip I'm thinking to go for more range and stop less. However that can make one a bit of a mobile chicane on the autobahns...

I had really hoped that 6.2 would have arrived as it would have been extremely useful to try it out, but alas not.

Sources for this?

In Spain there is already a network of chargers (some of them Chademo) powered by Ibil. I haven't heard of any problems with permissions.

Some word from Tesla could clarify the subject. Still a dozen or so SuC in the map for this year and none in construction.

Jerome (Vise president Sale and Service) told us that Spain and France was realy slow, and not easy to work with when large current was needed.
That is the reason for the smal "mobile" SC in fra France. They are just below the power where exstended aplications is triggered and thinks take time.
They will replace them when the paperwork goes through the system, he could not promise a time frame.
Spain, it was also problems with cost of upgraded lines to the nederst power station, not just to the grid and new tranformers.
Miles with high Voltage lines.
So Spain will take time, much more then Tesla estimated.

Jerome (Vise president Sale and Service) told us that Spain and France was realy slow, and not easy to work with when large current was needed.
That is the reason for the smal "mobile" SC in fra France. They are just below the power where exstended aplications is triggered and thinks take time.
They will replace them when the paperwork goes through the system, he could not promise a time frame.
Spain, it was also problems with cost of upgraded lines to the nederst power station, not just to the grid and new tranformers.

Yes, the grid network density can be a real problem. What can be interesting to know is the stimated time frames from the grid companies...

Regards,
f4_5.png

Interesting to know. Thanks for these inputs!

There's a new SuC permitted in Rubigen, Switzerlan, just southeast of Bern

This was first rumored in November and officially announced in December.
Good that they managed to secure a location now.

Tesla expandiert nach Bern - News Wirtschaft: Unternehmen - tagesanzeiger.ch
TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer Supercharger in der Schweiz

Zwischen Bern und Thun plant Tesla eine Ladestation

Ebenfalls kommendes Jahr will das Unternehmen zwischen Bern und Thun einen sogenannten Supercharger in Betrieb nehmen. Sieben solche Ladestationen betreibt das Unternehmen bereits in der Schweiz. Meist befinden sie sich in der Nähe von Serviceeinrichtungen wie Autobahnraststätten.

Zwischen Bern und Thun käme dafür einzig die Autobahnraststätte Münsingen infrage. Das Unternehmen möchte diesbezüglich noch nichts preisgeben. «Wir planen einen Standort möglichst nahe an der A6», sagt Stefan Gygli.

Am neuen Standort sollen vier bis acht Ladestationen installiert werden, an denen die Elektroautos innerhalb von Minuten aufgeladen werden können. Bereits im kommenden Frühling solle die geplante Ladestation den Kunden zur Verfügung stehen, sagt Stefan Gygli.

Has anyone heard anything about a charger around Osnabruck ? With Bremen covered it's starting to look good even in Northern Germany.

If you study Tesla's Supercharger road-map, you'll see that there is no plan for anything in Osnabrück, in fact if this planning is not further expanded then the German Superchargers are all done, certainly in the North.

Hopefully they will add more than are shown as opportunities become available - for sure getting to Denmark from Belgium would be much better with something around Osnabrück and Duisburg - having to pass through Hannover is not at all the preferred route, and driving at 105kmph in order to get better range is not at all funny on Autobahns, in fact it's down-right dangerous.

Time will tell.