TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

European vin numbers

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by ppl, Jun 2, 2013.

1. ppl

ppl Member

Does anyone know whether European cars will have vin numbers consecutive with American? Where will vin number be assigned in Netherlands finishing factory or in us factory.

2. psirnes

psirnes Member

VIN = vehicle Identification Number and is unique for each car, cannot have two cars wiht same VIN, the coding of the letters ini the VIN will show if it is a US or EU og other model series

3. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Yes, but the question is the sequence of the last 5 digits. My guess is that they will be in sequence with the North American cars. After all Canadian and US cars share the same sequence. The number is stamped on the frame, so it's definitely assigned at the factory.

4. lmore

lmore Member

My early European signature reservation got the last 5 digits in the vin number 14700-something.

5. Joel

Joel Active Member

When did Tesla assign you a VIN? If European VINs begin in the 14,700s, that is a very good sign for production/potential sales.