Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV sales service center coming to Vancouver WA.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were they really listed as 12/12 available even though the map pin says 11 available?
When I made the post it was12/12, I went back and added the screen shot later (post time vs time shown in screen shot). Then thought to change the text 1 min later and was told by the system there is an hour time limit to edit posts. Kinda had to roll with it at that point. 😁

Reactions: Mrbrock
It is charging slow, only about 45kw. But it is not showing on my car's nav screen. Also I can not see any of my previous charging in my account on the web site??? So I do not know if my credit card was charged for this.

image.jpg
image[3].jpg

I finally found how to see charging history on the App. So it is not for free. When they limit the speed at startup they normally do it for free. It may be because I was cold(45degF).

Anyway, This location was not on the Nav in the car. And it is still not on the Tesla web site.

I finally found how to see charging history on the App. So it is not for free. When they limit the speed at startup they normally do it for free. It may be because I was cold(45degF).

Anyway, This location was not on the Nav in the car. And it is still not on the Tesla web site.
Unless it is a state where they are forced to charge by the hour/minute, it doesnt matter if it is slower charging as the cost is the same whether it is fast or not since you just pay for the electricity used.

Just from reading threads on this forum, I haven't heard much of the FREE/slow supercharging when a new site opens lately, so I'm not sure they are doing that any more. It was definitely a thing in 2020-2021 though.

Your SOC is also >50%. That combined with the cold battery (especially if it's been sitting unplugged for a while) would lead to those kind of charging speeds. I drive a 2018 Model S and 40kW would be standard for me in that scenario (more like 70kW at the same SOC if the battery were warm).

It also should be noted that, without some creativity (i.e. navigating to a nearby supercharger), you cannot pre-heat the battery if the supercharger is not in the Nav yet.

Lastly, Nav data gets updated in batches so it could be in some people's Navs while not in yours.

• Helpful
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
This location opens 1/31 for sales and deliveries. Service opens in 2-3 weeks.

Good to know. I had been putting off a service appointment for the opening, but the latch on the back hatch failed last Friday so I need to make other plans. Fortunately that repair qualifies for ranger service and I don't have to drive I-205 and I-84 with a back hatch latch that may fail on the freeway.

Good to know. I had been putting off a service appointment for the opening, but the latch on the back hatch failed last Friday so I need to make other plans. Fortunately that repair qualifies for ranger service and I don't have to drive I-205 and I-84 with a back hatch latch that may fail on the freeway.
He did say service was still a few weeks out. They are moving staff from other locations

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
He did say service was still a few weeks out. They are moving staff from other locations

Sorry got distracted and didn't finish my thought. I had to get service anyway because of the latch. I still have one more prepaid check ups left that I was scheduled to use last fall. That requires an SC visit because they put the car on the lift. I was going to combine that with a bearing on the HVAC fan and a recall, but the hatch needs attention now.

They did get me ranger service and a cancellation got me a slot tomorrow, so it's working out.

Sorry got distracted and didn't finish my thought. I had to get service anyway because of the latch. I still have one more prepaid check ups left that I was scheduled to use last fall. That requires an SC visit because they put the car on the lift. I was going to combine that with a bearing on the HVAC fan and a recall, but the hatch needs attention now.

They did get me ranger service and a cancellation got me a slot tomorrow, so it's working out.
Appt in Vancouver?

The Vancouver Service Center is now showing on Tesla's Find Us webpage, with a note of 'This location is open for Sales and Delivery only at this time.' Interesting that the placeholder they have had for a supercharger near Esther Short Park is still on the map. I had thought that was just a general placeholder for the new Service Center.

The Vancouver Service Center is now showing on Tesla's Find Us webpage, with a note of 'This location is open for Sales and Delivery only at this time.' Interesting that the placeholder they have had for a supercharger near Esther Short Park is still on the map. I had thought that was just a general placeholder for the new Service Center.
Most supercharger locations are just the town center according to Google. The pin will move to the actual location when it is ready. They always have separate pins for super chargers at sales centers since they are differentiated on the map.