Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever Hit Anything On Auto-Park? Summon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Varied thoughts:
Is it pulling the hard right as it passes the garage door opening? (may be trying to balance left and right empty space). With the 3 as a shorter car, it may not see it at first (try parking the 3 shallower?) Also, depending on charging setup, you might try reversing into the garage, I've read that causes less issues when exiting.

It happens rarely, out of the hundreds of times I've summoned, it's happened about a half dozen times. We also do it the same. Position the car in the same spot before summoning into the garage. There's never any issues summoning out of the garage.

What concerns me more, is that the X detected my 3, yet continued to head straight into it until I had to intervene. Came within 1 inch of hitting the car. Didn't try to stop, didn't try to turn away.

• Helpful
Reactions: mongo
It happens rarely, out of the hundreds of times I've summoned, it's happened about a half dozen times. We also do it the same. Position the car in the same spot before summoning into the garage. There's never any issues summoning out of the garage.

What concerns me more, is that the X detected my 3, yet continued to head straight into it until I had to intervene. Came within 1 inch of hitting the car. Didn't try to stop, didn't try to turn away.
My impression is Summon is straight line. You are actively controlling it with the phone. The car isn’t in control so if you want to hit something it’ll let you. Autopark the car is in control and uses its sensor to (try) to avoid things,

My impression is Summon is straight line. You are actively controlling it with the phone. The car isn’t in control so if you want to hit something it’ll let you. Autopark the car is in control and uses its sensor to (try) to avoid things,

Summon avoids obstacles (but doesn't steer around them, deflection only). There are minimum bumper and side distance settings for adjusting its behavior.