Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everett Community College EV Day, 10-26, Seeking Volunteers!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I want to invite you as an owner of EV to showcase the technology to a group of enthusiastic engineering students.
We've ran this project for three years now and each time it has been amazing due to the generous participation from owners on this forum! Those of you who have participated, I can't thank you enough for volunteering your time!

I am currently working on setting up an EV day for Fall Quarter and I am hoping that you can join us. We will be having two events (one daytime and one evening). Both scheduled on Oct 26th 2016. The times are:
Daytime session: Wednesday, 10/26 from 10:30 AM- 1:30 PM (for sections A&B)
Evening session: Wednesday, 10/26 from 4:30 PM- 6:00 PM (for section S)

If you have not been to one of our EV days before, it is a very fun event! Students in our ENGR 111, Introduction to Engineering Course are beginning a multi week sustainability project. They are very interested in the cars and EV technology. We start out with a 30 - 40 minute question and show period and then generally give rides to the students. If you prefer not to give rides or cannot stay for the whole event, that is fine. Please come anyway. Feel free to come to one event or both. If you are looking for something to do between the events, Scuttlebutt Brewery is just down the street and their happy hour starts at 2 :)

Here is a link to a story in our student newspaper about the event from a previous quarter:
http://everettclipper.com/3087/news-features/teslas-the-way-of-the-future-on-campus/

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us this quarter. There are blink chargers located on campus (Level 2, 30 AMP). I am also happy to answer any questions that you have.

Both events will take place on the Everett Community College campus at 2000 Tower Street in Everett (98201). The cars will be displayed on campus. You are asked to meet in Parking lot F at the date and times listed above. You should see me or a Colleague as you pull in, if you don't just give me text at (425) 441-6626. We will guide you along a walking path (very drive-able) to park in a covered area in front of Gray Wolf Hall (building 7 on map). Here is a map of campus: http://www.everettcc.edu/files/admi...rvices/security/parking/parking-map-print.png

Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

This event is being organzied by Akram Ali (Engineering Faculty, EVCC), however I will also be there with my Leaf (not as fancy, but cheaper)

Hope to see you

I would love to help, but my car is not due until late November... of course, I'm sure if YOU called them and explained that you need me there, they would deliver it much quicker! :cool: (at least, I'm willing to give it a try)

Haha, yes I have LOTS of influence over Tesla. They actually called me to offer a test drive of a model S since I am signed up for a model 3. I tried to get them to bring one of their cars to the event, but they said they are no longer sponsoring "Education Only" events. Luckily we have a lot of generous Tesla owners to make up for the dealerships' lack of commitment to education.

We do these events every quarter, so if you get your car in November you can come to our Winter quarter EV day. It should be the third of fourth week of January. I'll make a separate post as it gets closer.

RPO - I look forward to seeing you there tomorrow!

It looks like I can make 10:30 - 1:30 work. See you tomorrow.

I don't have the yellow Roadster anymore. But I can give more rides in my replacement Model S. RPO, looking forward to seeing what you have now...