Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i see. i flash my headlights when someone won't move out of the fast lane or someone doesn't have their headlights on so I don't think I will be using it for this to-me comparatively frivolous purpose.
No, pushing it forward doesn't make beams go on immediately...it just toggles them to automatic...at the same time this brings up the lights screen. My suggestion to you is to leave lights (low beam) on automatic. I never have to think about lights at all and if I need to access lights menu with the minimum amount of pushes/clicks/presses then its easy to do!

Reactions: lifjoy
No, pushing it forward doesn't make beams go on immediately...it just toggles them to automatic...at the same time this brings up the lights screen. My suggestion to you is to leave lights (low beam) on automatic. I never have to think about lights at all and if I need to access lights menu with the minimum amount of pushes/clicks/presses then its easy to do!
My low beams are on auto. They put them into permanent auto only if you have auto high beams enabled for what it’s worth too.

My low beams are on auto. They put them into permanent auto only if you have auto high beams enabled for what it’s worth too.
You arent understanding this...you can have auto low beams WITHOUT auto high beams...if you want to access the lights settings then you can push the stalk forward to 'toggle' the auto high beams...do this and the lights setting come up, immediately push forward again and the light setting stay up but the automatic high beam toggle is set back to OFF. So its push stalk forward, settings pop up, push stalk forward, do whatever you please on the settings screen and then the screen goes away automatically...Easy if you REALLY need to access the lights settings while driving ie turn on fog lights.

You arent understanding this...you can have auto low beams WITHOUT auto high beams...if you want to access the lights settings then you can push the stalk forward to 'toggle' the auto high beams...do this and the lights setting come up, immediately push forward again and the light setting stay up but the automatic high beam toggle is set back to OFF. So its push stalk forward, settings pop up, push stalk forward, do whatever you please on the settings screen and then the screen goes away automatically...Easy if you REALLY need to access the lights settings while driving ie turn on fog lights.
No i understand what you're saying. I am saying I don't want to flash someone to enable quick access. I also don't want to enable auto-high beam if I am going to put the stalk into permanent high-beam mode in order to activate this. I was just rebutting your comment that pushing the stalk in isn't the permanent high-beam mode, which it is, with a layer of "auto-high beam" over it if you have that setting engaged.

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Fog lights and wipers are easier than ever to get to. Just click on stalk button for wiper controls and either pull or push stalk for light controls...one less button press on the screen than before!
Are we really flashing people on the road in order to access our light controls now? Actually I can't believe there is actually a discussion on a car manufacture's forum about how you operate the lights.

Are we really flashing people on the road in order to access our light controls now? Actually I can't believe there is actually a discussion on a car manufacture's forum about how you operate the lights.
No, keep reading and you will learn how it works...I made the mistake of saying pull...its only push and this doesn't activate the full beam...its easy.

There's definitely some Tesla or Musk reality distortion field going on with some Tesla owners who think everything Tesla does is the best.

No i understand what you're saying. I am saying I don't want to flash someone to enable quick access. I also don't want to enable auto-high beam if I am going to put the stalk into permanent high-beam mode in order to activate this. I was just rebutting your comment that pushing the stalk in isn't the permanent high-beam mode, which it is, with a layer of "auto-high beam" over it if you have that setting engaged.
If you read my comment...you push forward once and then again to neutralize the auto full beam...got it? The full beams DO NOT COME ON...and you do not put it into auto full beam mode either! If you don't get this then I cant help you further...

i see, so you engage then immediately disengage it? sounds very much like a workaround to me.
well when we are dealing with people that find it too difficult to push a button on a screen then apparently workarounds need to be found! It works and the lights setting is right there next to your right hand...no more reaching across which is the whole idea for safety

No, keep reading and you will learn how it works...I made the mistake of saying pull...its only push and this doesn't activate the full beam...its easy.
It's different here in Norway. Low beams are always on regardless of what you do. You can't turn them off while driving as that is the law here. Pushing the stick back turns on the high beams and pulling it forward is used to flash high beams. So yes, to access the light controls your way I do need to flash my lights. That said, lights are not my big concern. Wipers are. I had a scary moment on the highway passing trucks in torrential rain when auto wipers didn't come on. They don't work in snow either.

well when we are dealing with people that find it too difficult to push a button on a screen then apparently workarounds need to be found! It works and the lights setting is right there next to your right hand...no more reaching across which is the whole idea for safety
no the original point is you were able to access quick lighting controls immediately after pressing the car icon, now you have to press the car icon then go into the lights tab, which is an unnecessary step. your solution is basically a happy accident/hidden workaround to this completely unnecessary change. I still haven't heard any good argument over why this change was even needed to be implemented in the first place.

no the original point is you were able to access quick lighting controls immediately after pressing the car icon, now you have to press the car icon then go into the lights tab, which is an unnecessary step. your solution is basically a happy accident/hidden workaround to this completely unnecessary change. I still haven't heard any good argument over why this change was even needed to be implemented in the first place.
Well actually you DONT have to press the car icon as has been shown ad nauseum...but you are clearly not looking for any solution, you just want to whinge...fine, you carry on but I'm done with this.

Well actually you DONT have to press the car icon as has been shown ad nauseum...but you are clearly not looking for any solution, you just want to whinge...fine, you carry on but I'm done with this.
again I'm pointing out that things are more difficult or at best hidden vs before. so I really don't understand how anyone can make the argument that v11 in its current state is any kind of an improvement.