Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess would be how strongly Evie and Tritium are wedded. Due to their shared origins/ownership, Evie has never used any other product despite their major flaws, At some point the unavailability of hardware or support is going to impact Evie.
Tritium is still trading on a "business as usual" basis under the appointed Receivers. They're trying to get the best outcome for the secured creditors (who they represent), so they presumably would like to sell it as a going concern if possible.

My guess would be how strongly Evie and Tritium are wedded. Due to their shared origins/ownership, Evie has never used any other product despite their major flaws, At some point the unavailability of hardware or support is going to impact Evie.

That depends on whether Tritium is sold as a going concern to someone who can recapitalise the business. Tritium is still operating and making chargers - it is in Administration, not Liquidation.

Snap - @cafz beat me to it.

Getting close to profitable makes me think the 2-4 stall sites are probably very busy a lot of the time with consequent queuing.
I do not begrudge them making money but as a consumer, my top desires would be little or no queuing and fast speed plus high reliability.

Queued for 12mins at SC Exeter on the weekend and Evie had 50% out of action and the other ones fully utilized. I did not go over to view the queue but undoubtedly there would have been one. I'm off to Canberra tomorrow and at the time I would arrive in Exeter, there was queuing of about 5mins. However, amazingly, all 8 Evies available at the moment!

Things are starting to hot up with charging and I suspect that queuing is going to worsen before it improves.

Does Evie publish a map of their upcoming sites somewhere? With Tesla expansion off the cards for a while, they're the best option left, even though they really need to invest in bigger sites and faster charging speeds if they hope to compete.

I don’t think Evie publishes anything until a site is live.

However there is the list of sites Evie won in the NSW Drive Electric grants Rounds 1 and 2… my recollection is the bulk of them were metro.

Other states, no idea.

Reactions: moa999