Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVSE/Wall Charger Load Calcs: San Jose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you pull a permit for adding the wall charger ?
I have 200 amp service , but evenly split between between a sub panel and ac loads with each getting 100 amp.
sub panel has typical loads of a 3400 sq ft home ( dryer, oven , spa but no electric cooktop or water heater ) and and I am hard time finding a legal way to add 40amp charger circuit to this panel as load calculation on the panel pushes it to 125 amp.
That's why my question that how you managed to add charger to 100 amp service that has AC too on it ?

Would a 30-amp circuit not meet your requirements?

Did you pull a permit for adding the wall charger ?
I have 200 amp service , but evenly split between between a sub panel and ac loads with each getting 100 amp.
sub panel has typical loads of a 3400 sq ft home ( dryer, oven , spa but no electric cooktop or water heater ) and and I am hard time finding a legal way to add 40amp charger circuit to this panel as load calculation on the panel pushes it to 125 amp.
That's why my question that how you managed to add charger to 100 amp service that has AC too on it ?
no - I put in on a dryer circuit we were no longer using . . . installed by a licensed electrician - or at least the line was.

Reactions: h2ofun