Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EWR Airport Charging [Newark NJ Liberty Airport]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone with experience charging your Tesla at the EWR daily garage? I’ve read on other sites that two options... lucky enough to find an open charging station (is this free?) or bringing your own charger and plug into a 110 outlet. Seems a bit iffy leaving your entire charging cable outside with possible theft... is that what most are using these days? Are the outlets and charging stations easy to find?.. do they require an account setup to use?

what is "EWR"? Based on the context (and googling) it appears that this is likely referring to the newark nj airport code. If so, then I will edit the title of the thread to better explain thats what you are asking, and also move it to the regional forum which covers that area.

Reactions: Leeclanual
It's always been full when I've needed it - I could imagine the situation would be different due to covid. There is a supercharger only a few miles away at Jersey Gardens. I wouldn't plug into a random 110 outlet, just shut off sentry mode and overheat protection and let the car hibernate. Stop at the supercharger before or after.

I believe the chargers in the short term parking are chargepoint. You just need a chargepoint account. Not sure of the price, but I'm sure the chargepoint app will tell you that.

Last month I flew out of EWR for a few days. I parked at www.newarklongtermparking.com since they have on site L2 chargers and will charge you up while you're gone. This was my first time using them and it worked out well.

If you use them, make sure you go to their new location - with covid, a lot of off site parking facilities have gone belly up and the ones that remain in business are moving around.

Reactions: Leeclanual
Last month I flew out of EWR for a few days. I parked at www.newarklongtermparking.com since they have on site L2 chargers and will charge you up while you're gone. This was my first time using them and it worked out well.

If you use them, make sure you go to their new location - with covid, a lot of off site parking facilities have gone belly up and the ones that remain in business are moving around.

Thanks for the tips... was this Self park or valet? What was the charge rate?

Anyone with experience charging your Tesla at the EWR daily garage? I’ve read on other sites that two options... lucky enough to find an open charging station (is this free?) or bringing your own charger and plug into a 110 outlet. Seems a bit iffy leaving your entire charging cable outside with possible theft... is that what most are using these days? Are the outlets and charging stations easy to find?.. do they require an account setup to use?
Just checking to see what you ended up doing for your trip. I charged in P4 once and that was fine but this time we are going for 12 days so I’m not sure I want to do the same thing.

Their website says they're entirely self-park/no valet now. How did that work for you with charging? Their website also still says you have to choose valet in order to charge which seems like a contradiction.