Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

exact inventory match available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP: Were you able to verify that your 101xx has the MCU2?

Two weeks ago, I ordered a 75D midnight silver w/ white leather from their inventory. I wanted to get their old base pricing before the $3500 increase. I was more focused on finding the configuration I wanted. So the VIN I have is also in the same range as the OP's (mine is 101288), which would be of their May 2018 production line. I asked my OA if it has the new MCU2, and she confirmed that it did ... but I wonder if I should have looked harder for a 'newer' VIN number. I'm surprised that Tesla would have inventory sitting around for 3 months.

Hopefully mine DOES have MCU2 ... I wish it were in the June/July production line.

Ugh.

Two weeks ago, I ordered a 75D midnight silver w/ white leather from their inventory. I wanted to get their old base pricing before the $3500 increase. I was more focused on finding the configuration I wanted. So the VIN I have is also in the same range as the OP's (mine is 101288), which would be of their May 2018 production line. I asked my OA if it has the new MCU2, and she confirmed that it did ... but I wonder if I should have looked harder for a 'newer' VIN number. I'm surprised that Tesla would have inventory sitting around for 3 months.

Hopefully mine DOES have MCU2 ... I wish it were in the June/July production line.

Ugh.

If u have may production you pretty much have mcu2

Ugh.

my VIN is pretty close to that and it has the MCU2 and graphite trim.

Is the graphite trim the same as the “dark ash wood” interior? My car specs say “dark ash wood decor”.

Other than the MCU2 and the graphite trim, were there any other minor updates or improvements made in June or July?

If u got P100D than u got ventilated seats back ...and yes u got graphite trim

Also PUP became standard in new orders for 100D and 75D

Is the graphite trim the same as the “dark ash wood” interior? My car specs say “dark ash wood decor”.

Other than the MCU2 and the graphite trim, were there any other minor updates or improvements made in June or July?

the trim is that plastic stuff around the MCU and around the dashboard. it used to be chrome and now is a darker graphite color.

If u got P100D than u got ventilated seats back ...and yes u got graphite trim

Also PUP became standard in new orders for 100D and 75D

I ordered the 75D w/o PUP. I was literally about to order mine with a new configuration the morning the base price increased. But because I didn’t want the PUP I couldn’t justify the extra $3500 that I wasn’t planning to spend prior to the increase. So my OA helped me find a new MX from their inventory under the old base price. I’m just now realizing that the VIN is from May, so it’s been sitting around for the past ~2-3 months. I’ve had similar thoughts as the OP...what’s wrong with this one?

I didn’t order AP anyway so I’m not bummed about that ...

They told me it was “new” so hopefully it wasn’t a showroom or loaner car!

If it was destined for showroom for test-drive then it was probably well QC'd and any defects rectified, so could actually be good to go with such a vehicle. Only time I would not go for an inventory vehicle is if it was declined by whoever ordered it originally i.e. a reject or was a loaner.

Yes EAP is software ..but recent announcement of future AP3 will require hardware

Wonder if at some point they will let current owners upgrade hardware since AP tech rapidly changing with more testing. And, would they have support for older APs 5 years down the road? If not, current owners may eventually not even get to reliably use AP! That'd suck, but can still drive the beast!

Wonder if at some point they will let current owners upgrade hardware since AP tech rapidly changing with more testing. And, would they have support for older APs 5 years down the road? If not, current owners may eventually not even get to reliably use AP! That'd suck, but can still drive the beast!

If u have AP2.xxx u can upgrade if AP1 out of luck

While there instances where somebody rejects a vehicle on delivery, I think there are also several other reasons for non delivery:
  • Couldn't qualify for financing when due. I asked this question at a Mercedes dealership once and was surprised to hear how frequently this happens. Just because the premium cars are expensive, does not mean all buyers are well qualified.
  • Buyer decided to change model or battery capacity and allowed to transfer deposit towards new car. I nearly did this myself when my MX was in production.
  • Business purchase that decided to cancel for whatever reason. Losing $2500 was probably a drop in the bucket.
  • Internal screw up at Tesla where they painted an original order wrong color and/or wrong option. Not really sure if this happens LOL.