Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive Vampire Loss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any experience with excessive vampire loss, as in 3-4 miles per hour lost while parked?
Generally my S60 with 27,000 miles might lost one mile when parked during a whole work day, but today is the third time in the last month it has experienced a much larger vampire loss from being parked for just a few hours. I keep range mode on and always connected off.
This morning I drove 110 miles, then parked at the office with 45 miles of range left. When I went out to lunch 4 hours later, it was down to 32 - that's 3.3 miles lost per hour from being parked. Since it's 70 degrees and cloudy out, I never turned on the AC, so I am confused why I would be losing so much range. Last time it did this was Friday evening. I was parked for just over 5 hours and lost 23 miles, and that time the SOC was around 80%. Any ideas?

A couple firmware versions back, Tesla introduced a new feature that would automatically pre condition the car using HVAC when it thinks you'll be headed to/from work. Is it possible that this is enabled and running to create the drain?