Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive Rear seats discontinued

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found this thread!
We ordered Model S with the executive seats on the last day for including the option. This vehicle could be the last one built/ordered with the option. Is there a method for discovering if such is true?
We liked the look of these seats. Rarely have passengers in the back seat, then, usually only two.

Reactions: Reekdog
What day did you order your Tesla Model S with the Executive Seats? I assume you are talking about the Executive Rear Seats? My understanding is they were discontinued in the US over a year ago. There are some suggestions that they might still be available in China which is believed to be the original target market for this option. I don't know why there are so many comments in this thread about the Executive Rear Seats. Not everyone needs to have a 5 passenger sedan or needs fold down rear seats. I have the Executive Rear Seats in my 2015 Tesla Model S which we picked up in March 2015. We love the Executive Rear Seats in our Tesla. My wife and I recently spent a week in London and hired a chauffeured Tesla for a day. It was an enjoyable experience, but it sure didn't feel like riding in a Limo with the regular rear bench seat. Our Tesla with the Executive Rear Seats gives our rear seat passengers much more of a luxury car experience. It just seems if one is spending over $100,000 on a vehicle, then even the rear seat passengers should feel like their riding in a luxury vehicle, especially if one does not need to carry 5 passengers or the extra cargo room of the fold down seats. By the way, I rarely have a problem fitting luggage or anything else I need to carry in my Model S without folding down the seats. There is still a lot of room in the trunk, in the under trunk storage space, and in the Frunk. Plus, if push comes to shove, I can still put items on the rear seats. Though, I do have to admit, if we really need to carry a lot of people and cargo, we can always just use our 6-seat Tesla Model X in those instances.

Hi steve56,

My wife checked her journal and related to me that the order was placed July 6, 2015, in Toronto. From my scrapbook, the order was to be confirmed one week later on July 13. We received the confirmation on July 14, 3:06am via email.

Although we might appear as impractical people, while ordering the executive back seats, we didn't choose the 21" turbine wheels , as one Tesla representative told us, because the tires on these rims run out of rubber fairly quickly compared to the 19" tires. The car does have about all of the other listed options.

After a year plus of being driven from new, it has about 2400km on the odometer. We don't drive it very much, although we both like driving it.

Respectfully,
K Fay

Hi steve56,
In the end, calling this a "stupid" choice is weird. It was the right choice for us and we like it enough we are investigating other options before purchasing a new Tesla. That's never something a manufacturer should want. It would have been nice to just know I could upgrade the car and keep the same options I had before.

I agree that it can be the right choice for some people. It's a feature I would have considered too, because I don't care for the bench seat's attempt to give three evenly spaced seats - even without a drivetrain bump, I don't see myself ever needing three seats. And while I'm considering the rear console, that still means the two remaining seats are more narrow than in the executive version.

K Fay said:
Hi steve56,
In the end, calling this a "stupid" choice is weird. It was the right choice for us and we like it enough we are investigating other options before purchasing a new Tesla. That's never something a manufacturer should want. It would have been nice to just know I could upgrade the car and keep the same options I had before.

Hi steve56,
Please note that it wasn't I who made the above statements.
Respectfully,
K Fay

comes with led lights and 2 dual usb connectors

Attachments

• Backseat All Three Colors.jpg
    Backseat All Three Colors.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 129
comes with led lights and 2 dual usb connectors
I like it!

On another note, I met a person on the weekend and was talking about Tesla (all I ever seem to want to talk about now!) and she said she looked at one a year ago but decided against it because it was "only a 4-seater" and the "seats didn't fold down". I told her they come up to 7-seats and she was amazed. Funny how you see one option and think that's the only way...