Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Existing Inventory *unicorns*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I havenā€™t seen any LR
I have a theory on this which I've probably stated somewhere else. My understanding is that usually with Tesla cancellations they'll get automatically matched to the next person in the queue with those exact specs who hasn't been allocated a car from that state. However with the Unicorn SR+ this doesn't happen, because later orders are technically waiting on a different spec, so there's no "match" - with LR/P cars built this quarter are the same as cars that will be built next quarter in terms of base spec (any rumours about computer upgrades non-withstanding).

With LR / P models they are getting automatically matched to "next in queue" for that spec. I'd guess LR is more common than P (though obviously base model is the most common), and so LRs tend to be allocated to next in line straight away. Ps sometimes slip through because they're less common (I guess due to price), so the chance of there being someone who ordered the exact combo of colours / extras in a particular state is much lower.

I did see some LRs appear in inventory in mid-November - but in WA, and with white interior (presumably again a less common option due to the extra cost). I guess now we don't see any because it's been long enough since the last batch was built that there's at least one person waiting for each combo and so they're getting auto-matched in the event of a cancellation.

Anyway, this is all theory based on what I've read / seen, and some of the data sent back to the browser from the inventory service.

I canā€™t recall if Iā€™ve read it somewhere or made
It up in my own mind, is it possible to order existing inventory from another state? Or is it restricted to only buyers within the state itā€™s located or destined to arrive at?
Only to the state you are in.
If you order it from another state, the system will auto ā€œunmatchā€ you to the car in a couple of days, thatā€™s if the Sales Advisor didnā€™t call you before that.

Reactions: rgc1990
But probably reflects the car is already delivered to that state.
I understand that some may already be delivered to that state, but if someone wanted to purchase an available vehicle in another state, couldnā€™t it be transported to said state? I get itā€™s a little different with Tesla in this regard in that theyā€™re delivered to the country and then dispersed across the other states and isnā€™t common for mass transport after that. I guess theyā€™re also able to not be too phased as the vehicles never last long in the inventory.

Anyone received their unicorn? Do these also have the new AMD Razen cpu / MCU 3 instead of the Intel Atom? ( can be found via car icon > software > additional vehicle info)
Lots of people already have unicorns (most SR+ delivered this quarter), there's no new MCU in them as far as I am aware. It's _possible_ Q1 cars could have them, but I doubt we'll know until the first of those get delivered.