Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exit Youtube Causes Interior Lights to Stay On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,

When I watch YouTube while waiting on my kids at practice for example, when I exit theater mode, the interior lights come on automatically. I also noticed that the headlights go off whenever you start up theater mode, or at least YouTube. So when you exit theater mode the interior lights come on, but they don't cut off when you engage Drive. You actually have to touch each of the four lights individually to turn them off. Pretty sure this is not intentional, but seems like some kind a programming glitch. Anyone confirm the same? Any way to prevent the interior lights from coming on automatically when you exit theater mode? I know this occurs in the dark, not sure about during the day.

I don't think my car does that. Headlights do turn off when you start youtube but I think they come back on when i exit it... Or when i press the brake/engage drive. Similarly, the dome lights turn on but they dim by themselves when pressing brake or putting in drive.

Now, youtube, Netflix, the web browser and games are more prone to causing crashes. Maybe in your case the system hasn't crashed but something is in a bad state. I suggest a reboot of the infotainment system

This has happened to me in the past 3-6 months, where the kids will want to watch some Netflix in the car while I empty the trunk of groceries, and after they exit the car and I lock up, I’ll go to the garage a few hours later, and find the 4 interior lights still illuminated.

I tested this a few times without kids, too, to ensure it wasn’t a case of them manually hitting the interior lights. It still happened, but only sometimes, and it wasn’t significantly better or worse after a reboot.

It doesn’t happen any more though, so I assume one of the recent upgrades may have addressed it for me.