Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expectations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Lucky Owners!
Due to p/u our TESSY between Feb 6-19th which is sooner than expected, yay.
Question is what to expect when picking up.
Can we test drive before we hand over $.
Payment is expected in what form?
Thx for any answers given, Laura in Tx!

Hello Tesla Lucky Owners!
Due to p/u our TESSY between Feb 6-19th which is sooner than expected, yay.
Question is what to expect when picking up.
Can we test drive before we hand over $.
Payment is expected in what form?
Thx for any answers given, Laura in Tx!
Congrats !!
* Picking up is seamless and you can be done in 15-30min. There are tons of helpful videos on youtube regarding the entire pick-up process.
* Not 100% sure but I don't think you'll be able to test drive prior to paying for the car.
* Wire transfer, bank check, electronic check (direct debit) done in your Tesla account.

Congrats !!
* Picking up is seamless and you can be done in 15-30min. There are tons of helpful videos on youtube regarding the entire pick-up process.
* Not 100% sure but I don't think you'll be able to test drive prior to paying for the car.
* Wire transfer, bank check, electronic check (direct debit) done in your Tesla account.
Thx Drew! Hoping for a fully charged car for pick up?

Reactions: Drew-MS
Congratulations on your Model S purchase! I have picked up two from Tesla back in 2019. The procedure is fairly painless, since you'll do most of the paperwork online before you get there and arrange for payment (either in full from your bank, or with a loan). If I remember correctly, we finalized the down payment transfer about an hour or two before I was to pick up the Tesla.

My batteries weren't charged to 90% when I picked up, I'm sure it varies depending on how busy they are. I just drove to the nearest supercharger and topped it off to what was needed.

While you don't get to test drive it before you finish buying it, you should definitely give it a thorough inspection to make sure it is acceptable to you. Most Tesla's won't be perfect, in the way I would expect my $100,000 car to be perfect. Common issues are panel gaps, paint issues, etc. If you find anything that they're willing to fix, I'd make sure to get it in writing on a due bill. Otherwise you also have the option to reject it and wait for another one. But if you don't notice anything out of place, congratulations, you're a new Tesla Owner!

Something I found out just this last week, a lot of areas (at least CA and OR) are only doing at home drop off. In Portland it is no longer an option to have the car delivered any other way. Mine will be here tomorrow morning!