Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with 2020.48.37.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just tried to remotely start my climate to go pick up my kids, and it shows this update downloading at 55%...and climate is not remotely starting. Going to be a hot drive maybe.
Opened the door, the HVAC was non-responsive. Center display did not come on, and you could hear a fan or similar humming sound. Instrument cluster was on but at the dimmest setting, not adjusting to proper brightness.

I downloaded 2020.48.37.6 about 10 days ago and XM radio was fine until today, when the option to select SXM disappeared! I added this to my problem list for an upcoming service appointment. However I recall a similar problem mentioned on the Tesla Forums a couple years ago. XM would disappear and then spontaneously reappear in a few days. 2016 MS P100D

I have this version on my 2015 S85D. A couple days after the update, the car threw an error that the 12V battery needed replacing. It's been about 2.5 years since that battery was changed so I'm going to chalk that up to coincidence. Other than that, nothing unusual. (My car never had SiriusXM...not possible with the solid metal body color roof.)

I'm fine with no new functionality in my car. Newer isn't always better, and the less they change stuff, the less opportunity there is for stuff to regress.

Bruce.

I have solid roof and SXM. Maybe because mine is an older 2013 S. Oh and for those that disappeared my SXM went MIA a couple days ago and I had to power the car down from the service menu to get it back. I haven't installed 48.36.7 yet.

Reactions: bmah
Well update the software finished installing and I just took the car out for about a 10 mi drive.

No obvious glitches and my XM radios and so forth are still there no weird warnings or error codes yet...... fingers crossed

Reactions: Greenms60
starting to feel like old school Model S software is reaching end of support.. just bug fixes for past 7 months on a 2020 software build

It's not end of support, it's just 'mature,' and no longer receiving major updates. aka, it's finally STABLE.

IMO, this is a good thing. Tesla updates seem to cause more fiddly problems than they fix - I just want my 2016 to sit on a stable firmware for the rest of time.

Been dealing with remote service for the last 24 hrs on this and unfortunately no resolution on the SXM front. At first they thought is was a corrupted profile so we did a factory reset and everything looked good, SXM was back. But as soon as the software updates got all uploaded boom, it was gone again (and no, it doesn't show up in the Sources screen either). It clearly appears to be something to do with this 48.37.6 update but its not consistent. Apparently its happening in MS and MX with this update and its not consistent with model year, MMU model or anything. Best guess they have right now is a firmware issue but they are still working on it. Now I have an appointment with the SC for next week but they are hoping to have it corrected remotely before that.

I guess I am one of the few but I sure am happy with Tesla's attentiveness to service (even if its after-the-fact for a problem they apparently created). Between the remote team and the Austin SC I have never had any reason to complain,

Reactions: bmah
So I am in the same boat now that I completed the download last night. There is no way that Tesla should be able to take SiriusXM away as the car was sold to us with this hardware preinstalled and part of the sale of the car. This is like if they stole the radio out of our car. I use SXM all the time and it isn't reasonable to just assume its ok that I can stream it from my phone. What about in areas where cell service sucks or is nonexistent (and there is plenty of that here in TX)? That's where having the satellite radio is perfect.
When I updated, it cancelled my premium connectivity package, even though I am on Autopay and it should go until *I* cancel it. I had to re-sign up for it. Lame.

Anyone else had this issue?

Got the update last week, drove nearly 100 miles yesterday and didn't notice anything new. I don't use satellite radio on the car, but it's still listed (not turned on) in radio sources.

I did notice that when charging to 95%, my main battery pack is nowhere near the 4.15V cell voltage that 95% SoC used to correspond with, it's more like 4.11 to 4.12V in the cells now. But that's probably not new to 2020.48.37.6.
Driving the car yesterday and I stomped on it at a traffic light (Ludicrous mode, but no battery heater). Slight uphill at 66% SoC and was surprised that the car launched as hard as it did. Probably nothing special in 2020.48.37.6, just good traction allowing a better launch.

Anyone else see improvements in performance on an older P85D in 2020.48.37.6 or is my “seat of the pants” dyno full of $#!+?

Reactions: Greenms60
Immediately after this update in my Gen1 2016 Model X = XM icon was gone. rebooted several times to no avail so I scheduled a service appt in the app and asking in SMS if they could do a push. Within 24 hours they replied, pushed a nwe config/package to my car and all is well again....with a seemingly better UI for XM.

Reactions: rathjebaxter
Well update the software finished installing and I just took the car out for about a 10 mi drive.

No obvious glitches and my XM radios and so forth are still there no weird warnings or error codes yet...... fingers crossed

Update as of this morning when I got in the car to go to work all XM options have disappeared. Almost as if the car never had a serious XM radio at all.

Got the update a few days ago. Got up the next morning to go to work and got a safety system restraint error. No recognition of my seatbelts being buckled and will not set cruise or AP. I have a 2015 P90D. If you have a P90D, I would avoid this download.