Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m considering having my Model S coated with Ceramic Pro 9H by this detailing shop here in Boulder, CO: Ceramic Coating – Boulder Auto Detail

Any suggestions based on prior experience?
My car is more than a year old and I’ve never coated or wrapped it, so I would be particularly interested to learn how this has worked out for others even if your paint was not in brand new condition when you brought the car in?

Mine was done here in Denver - a 2015 with 8K on the odo at the time. Steve at Colorado Detail did the work (and self-heal coat).

They completely detail the paint ahead of coating, so it'll look better before the coat than it does right now. Obviously nothing they can do about chips (unless you want to pay to get them fixed) - I'd be amazed if our roads haven;t put some on the front end, hood and even front edge of the roof.

I don't know your shop - as long as they have a good list of reference Tesla owners I am sure they will be fine (the paint is softer on Teslas, so if the people preparing the paint do not know what they are doing they can take way more off than they need to).

If you want to price compare, Steve does loads of Teslas (the Denver SC recommend CO Detail) - and when he's not doing them, he's doing other high end cars.

ColoradoDetail Ceramic Coatings Opti-coat Pro denver, CQuartz Finest

• Informative
Reactions: MountainRoad