TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Express Lanes and FasTrak

Discussion in 'Model S' started by joebiker25, Sep 9, 2016.

1. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

Do you need a FasTrak tag/account to solo drive your stickered EV on I-580 and I-680 Express lanes?
    Thanks!

2. silentsnow31802

FasTrak
    Am I Toll-Exempt | Bay Area Express Lane

I was just looking into this a couple days ago. It seems you do not need a tag/account on I-680 since you do not want it charging you anyways. However you EV must have a white or green sticker to use the express lane.

It also seems you NEED a Fastrak tag/account to use the I-580 lane. A Flex tag to be exact.

Either way those two links should answer any questions you have on the subject.

3. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

Thanks so much silentsnow31802!!!

4. SoccerMan94043

Just get a fast track toll tag, set it to three+, stick it under your trunk parcel shelf and forget it.

FasTrak

[​IMG]

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

You need the Flex transponder. Just leave it set to 3 as SoccerMan notes. FWIW instead of mounting it under the parcel shelf (which I sometimes move/remove), I have mounted it in the center of the rear lift gate window at the bottom edge. It then is not in the line of sight from the inside rear view mirror.

6. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

Perfect! I rarely use I-580 during commute hours but will get a FasTrak transponder just in case.