Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Service Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone:

I am stuck between deciding what length of ESA to get. I own a MX 100D bought about 3 years ago and have racked almost 44,000 miles. I was initially going to go with the 2 years 25,000 miles but after talking to my service center representative, they suggested I get the 4 years 50,000 miles.

The reason I was leaning towards 2years/25,000 was that I want to maybe later on upgrade to a newer model X. I was worried at the end of 4 years or 50,000 miles- my current battery range will depreciate significantly. Also with the advancements Tesla is making in battery technology- I think they will have larger battery sizes out in 2-3 years.

Has anyone had a tough time deciding between 2 years or 4 years? What made you choose your ESA plan? thanks in advance for your help.

Hi everyone:

I am stuck between deciding what length of ESA to get. I own a MX 100D bought about 3 years ago and have racked almost 44,000 miles. I was initially going to go with the 2 years 25,000 miles but after talking to my service center representative, they suggested I get the 4 years 50,000 miles.

The reason I was leaning towards 2years/25,000 was that I want to maybe later on upgrade to a newer model X. I was worried at the end of 4 years or 50,000 miles- my current battery range will depreciate significantly. Also with the advancements Tesla is making in battery technology- I think they will have larger battery sizes out in 2-3 years.

Has anyone had a tough time deciding between 2 years or 4 years? What made you choose your ESA plan? thanks in advance for your help.

I will be facing this dilemma next year. I don't know yet how long I am going to keep the car. I am currently leaning toward the 4-year option. If I buy the 2-year ESA, I won't be able to extend it for another 2 years should I decide to keep the car beyond 6 years. On the other hand, the 4-year plan can be canceled earlier and I can get a prorated refund. So, should I decide to sell or trade in my current car, I will have two options: I can transfer the ESA to the new owner or I can cancel it before the sale and get a partial refund.

Extended Service Agreement

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/service/vehicle_extended_service_agreement_en_us.pdf

Last edited: