Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla now offering extended service agreements for certain vehicles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
Look what I just spotted in my Tesla app. An extended service agreement for an additional 2 years and 25,000 miles of coverage. Seems pretty reasonable although I have not shopped, given I still have two years left on my factory warranty. Thoughts?

27426319-737A-4CA6-A504-5457C98C5EFD.jpeg

I checked the app and found it isn't available for our out-of-warranty 2017 Model S. For the 2022 Model S, it would be $3300 and the 2022 Model X would be $3500. I doubt we'll purchase it as we've only spent $1543 total on actual service issues for 16 Teslas over the past ~7 years. The most expensive repair was just over $800 for a battery coolant heater for the 2017 Model S.

If we plan on keeping the X after the initial 4 year warranty, we might consider it then, but again, I doubt we'd pay $3500 for only two years of coverage.

• Helpful
Reactions: X-pilot
In the U.K. you can add 4 extra years

$1800.00 for 2 years, doesn't seem like much of a bargain, Extended warranties I think are a sucker bet, I never finance a car longer than the factory warranty anyway.
If something major fails after that, I have the unused car payment to repair it.
Yes, there is always a chance it might pay off if something major fails, but the odds are not in your favor. Insurance is a losing proposition. It has to be.
Just my 2 cents, and barely worth that.

Seems a little bit disingenuous let alone a bummer that it’s not available to anyone from the initial early 2018 and on group, many of whom are of course OUT of warranty. It certainly couldn’t be much of a stretch to offer it to those people. They KNOW exactly how the car has been handled, maintained, serviced - or not. Yes, do most OEM NOT allow an extended warranty purchase AFTER any original from the factory OEM warranty has expired (and most don’t allow buying a warranty extension ever after say 60-90 days from purchase), but Tesla isn’t the typical OEM and has much more info and ability to assess things in real-time at the point of conferring any warranty extension than any other OEM.

$1800.00 for 2 years, doesn't seem like much of a bargain, Extended warranties I think are a sucker bet, I never finance a car longer than the factory warranty anyway.
If something major fails after that, I have the unused car payment to repair it.
Yes, there is always a chance it might pay off if something major fails, but the odds are not in your favor. Insurance is a losing proposition. It has to be.
Just my 2 cents, and barely worth that.
The U.K. version is £2500 for 4 extra years .
This is then transferable to any future owners.

this is a good deal when it comes to extended warrantees compared to what other car makers would charge for such a service...i think it is a reflection of their confidence in their latest vehicles, 2020 and beyond....

My 2020 came with a 10,000 mile one year extended warranty buying used through Tesla, so this adding two more years and another 25000 miles is very inexpesive piece of mind and will most likely take advatage of this deal

Edit- apparently mine isn't eligible even though my original waranty doesnt expire until 2/24 ....I'm wondering if it is becuse mine already came with extended 1yr/10000mile warranty from Tesla?

Last edited: