Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty - Any experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious myself, but not enough to search it out yet, My experience has been extended warranties were sold (at varying prices) by the different OEM dealers, and the likes of Carmax etc ( ignoring the 500 junk calls we all get every month from those other folks ). No clue how they’ll happen with Teslas - but I’d expect them eventually?

Having said that, in the last 3 extended warranties I paid for, only one paid for itself on repairs (Carmax on a Toyota Avalon).

I was curious myself, but not enough to search it out yet, My experience has been extended warranties were sold (at varying prices) by the different OEM dealers, and the likes of Carmax etc ( ignoring the 500 junk calls we all get every month from those other folks ). No clue how they’ll happen with Teslas - but I’d expect them eventually?

Having said that, in the last 3 extended warranties I paid for, only one paid for itself on repairs (Carmax on a Toyota Avalon).

I have heard a couple horror stories about axles breaking and other so I was quoted this one by xcelerateauto:
  • 8 year and 100,000 mile term
  • Coverage until 8/2028 or 101,000 miles
  • Deductible: $100 per visit
  • $3,000

Reactions: Rcmpnc
I get several phone calls daily about extended warranties on my vehicles. :)

I bought one from the dealer for each of my last two BMW's and the warranties paid for themselves and then some, but those vehicles had lots of maintenance problems. But all those repairs were on systems that don't exist in an EV so I don't know how helpful it would be.

Hate to say this but my plan is to keep our MY 3 years and while it still has some B2B warranty left survey the EV offerings then and consider selling it and moving into the latest battery/tech on the market.

Fast forward 3 years, can you imagine what Tesla (or other manufactures will have for sale)? If the MY is still a viable EV that operates without compromise I keep it, pay it off and self insure my repair costs. I suspect the 250+ mile range won't be an issue with the number of DCFC EV chargers that will be available in 3 years. I do believe the fit, form, and function of the MY will still be superb in 3 years.

Hate to say this but my plan is to keep our MY 3 years and while it still has some B2B warranty left survey the EV offerings then and consider selling it and moving into the latest battery/tech on the market.

Fast forward 3 years, can you imagine what Tesla (or other manufactures will have for sale)? If the MY is still a viable EV that operates without compromise I keep it, pay it off and self insure my repair costs. I suspect the 250+ mile range won't be an issue with the number of DCFC EV chargers that will be available in 3 years. I do believe the fit, form, and function of the MY will still be superb in 3 years.

Ah. I install a lot of radio gear and antennas in my cars so I tend to keep them for 10+ years.