Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty missing on my Tesla account - Still offered?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ExtendeWarranty.PNG
It still shows on my profile. Have you exceeded any of these?

Hey guys, just finished chatting with Tesla support, they advised that they are no longer offering an extended warranty. They are coming out with a "new plan", whatever that means. I am kinda in limbo as I am approaching 50K fast and don't have an extended warranty I can purchase. They are opening up a support case and have escalated to management. Will keep everyone posted.

I just checked my page and I do not have the ESA option either for my Model X. This is concerning as I was going to purchase prior to the 4yr/50k mark as I'm going to run this car out.

If you are that concerned then please call Tesla up and negotiate the right to do an "off-the-menu" purchase.

This is the best time to negotiate your right to be grandfathered because the public website has not discontinued the offer.

Once the public website will delete the offer, it's harder to negotiate because Tesla has the right to change prices and terms at any time.

It's true that Tesla has the right to change prices and terms at any time but officially, on the public website, it has not exercised that right because the web page still offers ESA.

Hey guys, just finished chatting with Tesla support, they advised that they are no longer offering an extended warranty. They are coming out with a "new plan", whatever that means. I am kinda in limbo as I am approaching 50K fast and don't have an extended warranty I can purchase. They are opening up a support case and have escalated to management. Will keep everyone posted.
Seems to me that everyone who has already purchased the ESA is just as much in "limbo". They have and will change the rules on a whim. Who knows what will happen.

Purchasing might still be a good idea, just to have something before the deadline. Hopefully you'll at least get a prorated refund.

• Helpful
Reactions: dookie
..."limbo". They have and will change the rules on a whim...

It can change as much as it can as long as it has not entered a contract with its customer.

Once a customer paid fully, the contract is sealed and not changeable to disadvantage customers (ok to change to go beyond what the contract allows such as waiving the $200 deductible for customers' advantage.)

The latest example is the pre-paid maintenance plans. Tesla still honors those plans if you already paid them but if you did not pay for them, it has no legal obligation to honor them.

Interesting... I am still showing the ESA available on myTesla page. :cool:

upload_2019-4-26_20-13-52.png

Reactions: Maaz
As someone currently looking at buying a used x, this is concerning. 100% won't buy one without an extended warranty.

Used cars from Tesla comes in with a used car warranty but you can't buy extended warranty beyond that.

Of course, if you buy from an individual, you have an option make sure the extended warranty was bought by the seller as evidenced by screen capture.

As it happens my MX went over 50k today but is still under 51k when it would be disqualified. What do people advise:
1) quickly lock in the extended warranty while it is still available or
2) wait to see what the "new plan" ie tesla insurance or whatever it is.
I am tempted to wait a little because I can always do x-care thing if I do not like the "new plan"