Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Helvetia (& Tesla?) no longer offering extended warranties

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I (and everyone else on here I think) just signed up and checked the box to say that we were still in warranty. Mine ran out on 27/03, and I had emailed them (more than once) well before that date.

I would hope that they would cross reference the VINs against the emails they received, but who knows.

I'll be happier once it's reflected in the app though.

Reactions: pharwood
Maybe Tesla are allowing owners whose original warranty expired after Helvetia stopped doing them to sign up for the extended warranty from
Millennium automatically.

Before taking out the warranty today I did reply to the email Tesla sent me on the 7th February about the Sales Journey being temporarily unavailable. Received a reply this afternoon, but it was just a generic email about the new warranty with no mention of the date of request being honoured. At least I have an email trail if there are any issues.

Reactions: Dilly and Durzel
Nothing for me either. The £2773 showed up pretty fast on my bank statement though, they didn’t hang around when taking that.

Since these policies are supposed to be retroactive when (if?) they finally kick in we don’t gain anything.

The practical reality is that if something goes wrong now we don’t appear to be covered. I don’t fancy having to try and debate the fact that “no I actually did buy it, it’s just not showing” with a random tech.

Just your usual Tesla shambles.

Just had a reply from Tesla

Thank you for your email.

The Tesla app will be updated by Tesla Europe, we do not have access to the content.”
Same here. I don't recall how long it took for the Helvetia warranty extension to show in the Tesla account for our M3P, but this email combined with the fact that Millenium is the Tesla referred warranty insurance provider, gives my sufficient comfort it will be recognised by Tesla should we ever need to call on it for our MYLR.

Reactions: pharwood and Dilly