Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty option disappeared from account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you buy it? Will you? Would you?

I absolutely would buy it if I was not already under warranty coverage.

And I'd absolutely buy it if I buy a dealer car not eligible for ESA or had a car that was otherwise ineligible for ESA coverage. I've contacted them about some provisions that I wish were fairer and they've made changes to their policy to address those suggestions. Try doing that with any other warranty provider.

I'm just glad we have another extended warranty option available.

• Informative
Reactions: DCEV and XCare EV
I absolutely would buy it if I was not already under warranty coverage.

And I'd absolutely buy it if I buy a dealer car not eligible for ESA or had a car that was otherwise ineligible for ESA coverage. I've contacted them about some provisions that I wish were fairer and they've made changes to their policy to address those suggestions. Try doing that with any other warranty provider.

I'm just glad we have another extended warranty option available.

All good points. I have a few more months to decide, but I am thinking I’ll buy X Care since I can’t buy ESA. I really hope it doesn’t screw me over.

Hmmm...

For our 2015 P85D which will hit 50,000 miles before its 48-month warranty expires:

X-Care is $4,599 with $100 deductible

Tesla ESA is $4,750 with $200 deductible

... so $150 upfront and $100 per incident (not issue) "savings" dealing with a 3rd party company which in my past experience hasn't been good.

Actually I just purchased the 4-year Tesla ESA for $4,250 (not $4,750 as I had erroneously stated in my previous post shown above)... so Tesla's 4-year ESA actually cost $249 LESS than X-Care upfront... but $100 more per incident (not issue).

X-Care not as good an option for me... but may be a great choice for a Tesla not eligible for Tesla's ESA.

Actually I just purchased the 4-year Tesla ESA for $4,250 (not $4,750 as I had erroneously stated in my previous post shown above)... so Tesla's 4-year ESA actually cost $249 LESS than X-Care upfront... but $100 more per incident (not issue).

X-Care not as good an option for me... but may be a great choice for a Tesla not eligible for Tesla's ESA.

If you had a 2018 with less than 5k miles, then a 8 year and 100,000 mile additional warranty (covering the vehicle to 2027 or 100k+ miles) would only be $4,099. It is my understanding that the Tesla ESA cost is $4,250 when you purchase within 180 days of initial delivery so X-Care would be slightly cheaper if purchased at the similar time/miles.

• Informative
Reactions: DCEV
If you had a 2018 with less than 5k miles, then a 8 year and 100,000 mile additional warranty (covering the vehicle to 2027 or 100k+ miles) would only be $4,099. It is my understanding that the Tesla ESA cost is $4,250 when you purchase within 180 days of initial delivery so X-Care would be slightly cheaper if purchased at the similar time/miles.

I purchased the 4-year Tesla ESA for our 2015 Model S P85D with 46,000 miles / 4 months remaining on our original warranty for $4,250. If I would have bought it within 180 days of initial delivery it would have been $500 less ($3,750).

I purchased the 4-year Tesla ESA for our 2015 Model S P85D with 46,000 miles / 4 months remaining on our original warranty for $4,250. If I would have bought it within 180 days of initial delivery it would have been $500 less ($3,750).

I believe the pricing has increased since you initially took delivery of your vehicle?

Extended Service Agreement

Their pricing is listed on the site. $4,250 if you purchase within 180 days of delivery, $4,750 after for 4 year coverage on Model S.

• Informative
Reactions: DCEV
I believe the pricing has increased since you initially took delivery of your vehicle?

Extended Service Agreement

Their pricing is listed on the site. $4,250 if you purchase within 180 days of delivery, $4,750 after for 4 year coverage on Model S.

Hmmm... I see what you're saying. However Tesla only charged me $4,250 for the 4-year Extended Service Agreement that I purchased in my Tesla account on Friday, March 29, 2019. Maybe I paid $500 less ($4,250 instead of $4,750) since I'd purchased the 4-Year Maintenance Plan (now discontinued?)? OR got $500 off since I'd purchased the Maintenance Plan within the first 180 days or buying our Tesla?

Can some other Tesla owners who DO and do NOT already have the 4-Year Maintenance Plan log into your Tesla account and see what price the 4-year Extended Service Agreement is offered at... and post below.

Honestly I don't know why my price was $4,250 (not $4,750) for the 4-year Extended Service Agreement... but happy I saved $500 on our purchase last Friday. Validated my decision to buy it now instead of waiting closer to our warranty expiration in July "just in case" Tesla discontinued offering 4-year Extended Service Agreements... or raised the price. :cool:

Hmmm... I see what you're saying. However Tesla only charged me $4,250 for the 4-year Extended Service Agreement that I purchased in my Tesla account on Friday, March 29, 2019. Maybe I paid $500 less ($4,250 instead of $4,750) since I'd purchased the 4-Year Maintenance Plan (now discontinued?)? OR got $500 off since I'd purchased the Maintenance Plan within the first 180 days or buying our Tesla?

Can some other Tesla owners who DO and do NOT already have the 4-Year Maintenance Plan log into your Tesla account and see what price the 4-year Extended Service Agreement is offered at... and post below.

Honestly I don't know why my price was $4,250 (not $4,750) for the 4-year Extended Service Agreement... but happy I saved $500 on our purchase last Friday. Validated my decision to buy it now instead of waiting closer to our warranty expiration in July "just in case" Tesla discontinued offering 4-year Extended Service Agreements... or raised the price. :cool:

They've already raised the price of the ESA 2 or 3 times!

I bought the 8 yr extended warranty and the annual service plan for 8yr. I was lucky that I bought both. My annual service pllan includes alignments. Tesla discontinued the alignments in later agreements. I had a drive unit fail before my 4 yr warranty exoired. It appears that a drive unit failure is not covered by the ESA. I hope I don't have another drive unit failure. I recently had a steering module fail. I paid a $200 deductible for its replacement. I had all 4 TPMS replaced at the same time under the ESA and same $200 deductible. I am surprised that they covered the TPMS.