Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty option disappeared from account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...Is Air Suspension covered under drive train?...

No.

8 year / infinite mile battery and drive unit warranty is very restrictive, not expansive.

It only covers battery itself and drive unit itself, not things that are connected to them nor things needed to make them functional.

For example, main battery contactors which are housed in the same battery pack are not covered.

Last edited:
We have seen that X-Care is often cheaper than the ESA. Exclusions are the same, $100 deductible per visit, 24/7 Roadside, Trip interruption, Rental Coverage (just incase they stop giving away loaners to people outside of warranty)

I would highly recommend considering X-Care. Can save you money.

We have seen that X-Care is often cheaper than the ESA. Exclusions are the same, $100 deductible per visit, 24/7 Roadside, Trip interruption, Rental Coverage (just incase they stop giving away loaners to people outside of warranty)

Look - your program may be *great*, I honestly don't know; but come on, of course you'd recommend your own business.

On the subject of Tesla's extended WARRANTY which is not the same as the (prepaid Service Plan) - (the prepaid service agreement, not the extended warranty, has been discontinued) - that's apples and oranges.

But I have yet to see a third party extended warranty that performs equal to or better than a manufacturer's extended warranty, (And manufacturers ones are pretty bad; the Tesla one is NOT the same as the bumper to bumper 4 year) - A number of cars back, I fell for a 3rd party warranty and while cheaper, it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. Exceptions on every repair, denials on every single claim, and basically $2000 for nothing but stress.

No idea if you guys are the magical exception -- but it's your job to say yes.

Look - your program may be *great*, I honestly don't know; but come on, of course you'd recommend your own business.

On the subject of Tesla's extended WARRANTY which is not the same as the ESA (Service Agreement) - (the ESA has been discontinued) - that's apples and oranges.

But I have yet to see a third party extended warranty that performs equal to or better than a manufacturer's extended warranty, (And manufacturers ones are pretty bad; the Tesla one is NOT the same as the bumper to bumper 4 year) - A number of cars back, I fell for a 3rd party warranty and while cheaper, it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. Exceptions on every repair, denials on every single claim, and basically $2000 for nothing but stress.

No idea if you guys are the magical exception -- but it's your job to say yes.

Hi there,

Tesla's extended warranty is called "Extended Service Agreement". These are not two separate things. I believe you are referring to their maintenance plan which is not the same as their Extended Service Agreement/Extended Warranty. They have not discontinued this for all I know. They have discontinued the pre-paid maintenance plan.

Extended Service Agreement

These are one in the same, not apples and oranges. But you are right, we have yet to see a third party extended warranty that performs as well as a manufacturer's extended warranty (or in this case Tesla's Extended Service Agreement) until now. We created X-Care to mirror the coverage of Tesla's ESA. I personally worked for Tesla for several years and helped start their global trade-in and used vehicle program. I also helped create X-Care from contract, to claims, and training for the custom Tesla experience. Neither Tesla's ESA nor X-Care mirrors the factory bumper-to-bumper, as both are exclusionary coverages.

We are not trying to make anyone "fall" for anything. We are trying to do something good for the Tesla community as it has been my personal mission, along with Xcelerate's mission for years. A lot of owners lease cars through our company and we wanted to add another benefit. We designed and created this product for the Tesla community as we saw it was needed in order to strengthen the brand overall. I would think this would be different than just someone trying to screw you over for a dollar. We are not that way - this means more to us.

I hope this helps answer your concerns.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Sorry. Maybe I'm confusing "service plans" with "service agreement".

So does anyone still see the ESA option?

Yes both the 2 years/25,000 miles ($2,100) and 4 years/50,000 miles Extended Service Agreements ("ESA") are still showing up in my Tesla account.
  • Original purchase date 7/31/2015
  • 4 year original Tesla warranty expiring 7/30/2019 (~ 4 months)
Hoping a new Model S is announced before July 30th... but will be happy with a pro-rata refund of my ESA if we trade in / sell our amazing Ludicrous P85D+ before our soon-to-be-purchased ESA expires.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence, its early. Surely something is going to go MCU, Handles, AC, Heater. Everything else besides wiring has been replaced. Cinch motor, Clockspring, Charging connecter and door.

Is Air Suspension covered under drive train? I think not>

I would certainly expect the air suspension to be covered by the ESA. If it is not, I would have to re-think purchasing it.

Hope this helps. I purchased the ESA for my March 2018 Model S 100D at the Service Center just within the180 day discount period. Screen shots of a portion of the invoice plus all 9 pages of thhe ESA.
7234DBB6-1E33-439C-9857-2D5DDA5A0513.jpeg

2D147E7E-9AAF-42AE-89D2-C3FFA651FDD2.png

65754B6B-A6D7-4701-A687-07372C06078F.png
740806F1-451F-4BB0-9A7D-0E542D1BED3A.png
7B9BF3D8-4AB0-4741-869D-FA06EE377C7A.png
C18B2761-1109-49F8-B4E2-85C537D913E7.png
4A636138-AF0F-4E81-B1CF-52FD18258D4F.png
F7215B06-BCE7-4A9F-A374-D35CAB03670F.png
ABBA29E6-DC5E-4085-8C52-9E958554B953.png
39585E2C-700D-47F2-A453-BEBAEFE1B3EF.png

Hmmm...

For our 2015 P85D which will hit 50,000 miles before its 48-month warranty expires:

X-Care is $4,599 with $100 deductible

Tesla ESA is $4,750 with $200 deductible

... so $150 upfront and $100 per incident (not issue) "savings" dealing with a 3rd party company which in my past experience hasn't been good.

Here's my 3rd party insurance company experience:

Insurance company backing policy on my Audi went bankrupt and we got 20¢ on the dollar for the claim we processed before their bankruptcy... and subsequent claims denied since insurer / ESA company no longer existed.

3rd party company who "bought" GM's Protection Plans for our $75,000 200mph / 505 hp 2006 Corvette Z06 denied EVERY repair unless my Corvette Z06 was DOA due to that defect... and then only authorized GM dealer to do a minimal fix to get it back on the street. 3rd party Corvette ESA provider absolutely REFUSED to pay local Chevrolet dealers to replace defective our Corvette Z06's LS7 7.1 liter (427 cubic inch) intake / exhaust head which had exotic sodium filled titanium valves that were rattling like a shaken coffee can filled with bolts until the motor dropped a valve and destroyed our $15,000 motor. YUP... no repairs approved until the motor TOTALLY blew up.

Sorry, but I'm going to pay Tesla for my ESA instead to skip the "middle man" 3rd party ESA provider from weaseling out of their responsibility.

Once bitten... twice shy.

Twice bitten... FaGetAboutIt

Yes both the 2 years/25,000 miles ($2,100) and 4 years/50,000 miles Extended Service Agreements ("ESA") are still showing up in my Tesla account.
  • Original purchase date 7/31/2015
  • 4 year original Tesla warranty expiring 7/30/2019 (~ 4 months)
Hoping a new Model S is announced before July 30th... but will be happy with a pro-rata refund of my ESA if we trade in / sell our amazing Ludicrous P85D+ before our soon-to-be-purchased ESA expires.

If you buy it now and sell your car does it stay with the car? I know second owners are excluded sometimes from things like this.

Never mind just saw the agreement above and read the transfer section. Great peace of mind for a second owner if private sale and car not sold to a dealership arrangement.

Last edited:
Hmmm...

For our 2015 P85D which will hit 50,000 miles before its 48-month warranty expires:

X-Care is $4,599 with $100 deductible

Tesla ESA is $4,750 with $200 deductible

... so $150 upfront and $100 per incident (not issue) "savings" dealing with a 3rd party company which in my past experience hasn't been good.

Here's my 3rd party insurance company experience:

Insurance company backing policy on my Audi went bankrupt and we got 20¢ on the dollar for the claim we processed before their bankruptcy... and subsequent claims denied since insurer / ESA company no longer existed.

3rd party company who "bought" GM's Protection Plans for our $75,000 200mph / 505 hp 2006 Corvette Z06 denied EVERY repair unless my Corvette Z06 was DOA due to that defect... and then only authorized GM dealer to do a minimal fix to get it back on the street. 3rd party Corvette ESA provider absolutely REFUSED to pay local Chevrolet dealers to replace defective our Corvette Z06's LS7 7.1 liter (427 cubic inch) intake / exhaust head which had exotic sodium filled titanium valves that were rattling like a shaken coffee can filled with bolts until the motor dropped a valve and destroyed our $15,000 motor. YUP... no repairs approved until the motor TOTALLY blew up.

Sorry, but I'm going to pay Tesla for my ESA instead to skip the "middle man" 3rd party ESA provider from weaseling out of their responsibility.

Once bitten... twice shy.

Twice bitten... FaGetAboutIt

We are about brand equity and not looking to deny claims. Which is why this is an exclusionary coverage that matches the exclusions of Tesla's ESA. We have little intention to deny claims because the purpose of X-Care is to protect the cars while accumulating data.

Bottom line, X-Care is not your typical "3rd Party" experience. If I intended otherwise, I would have not brought it to market. I cannot speak upon your experience with an ICE vehicle and whoever you did business with that is not X-Care. We are not here to defend anyone, but rather talk about what we have created for all of you.

For Tesla owners, there is a dedicated line with product trained individuals that will even call Tesla on your behalf about your concerns. Tesla owners go through a custom claims process as your claim begins when you call the X-Care hotline. We will then pay Tesla directly once work is complete. We will cover all parts unless specifically excluded. Thats what we can commit to and that is what we are here for.

• Love
Reactions: PhilDavid
We are about brand equity and not looking to deny claims. Which is why this is an exclusionary coverage that matches the exclusions of Tesla's ESA. We have little intention to deny claims because the purpose of X-Care is to protect the cars while accumulating data.

Bottom line, X-Care is not your typical "3rd Party" experience. If I intended otherwise, I would have not brought it to market. I cannot speak upon your experience with an ICE vehicle and whoever you did business with that is not X-Care. We are not here to defend anyone, but rather talk about what we have created for all of you.

If anyone has followed my posts, you'd know I research everything and I'm picky. :p

I've looked into X-Care and I think it is a great third party warranty option that just about matches provisions in the ESA.

• Love
Reactions: XCare EV